Super Cheap Budget 10s - Help me pick from these.

I looked at the yard sale and according to the description, everything there has some sort of issue.
"These items primarily have *functional* issues such as a coil tick, a rattle, messed up or BROKEN terminal *, broken / not glued correctly dust cap, surround or spider glue issues, rips in the surround or spiders, no dust cap, etc."

Am I missing something? Why would I want subs with problems?
Because like 95% of the products work perfectly. Sundown has a very strict QC and if there's a scratch somewhere or excess glue, they won't sell it. There is a chance you get a sub that needs a recone but those are few and far between. There's a yardsale thread that was start today or yesterday here with the same info, most of the products work out of the box.

Blaupunkts ftw. Ive got 1 12 in my daily driver on a p300 in a prefab I literally got out of a dumpster and I’m amazed by how good it sounds especially since I paid $14 dollars for it. I think it went up to $25 now

Because like 95% of the products work perfectly. Sundown has a very strict QC and if there's a scratch somewhere or excess glue, they won't sell it. There is a chance you get a sub that needs a recone but those are few and far between. There's a yardsale thread that was start today or yesterday here with the same info, most of the products work out of the box.
Thanks, this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to order 2 of the Blaupunkt 10s. Everyone seems to be having some fun with them. Ha ha. That single 8 really does some work. My application of them probably isn't the best (dual sealed enclosure), but my goal was to expend as little cash as possible. I half way wish I had a ported enclosure but will try these out like this for now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.