Sundown vs Type-R help chew chew chewsing

Liking what you like is perfectly fine, but I don't like the idea of preaching about the great sound quality of a product that measures in such a way that it is obviously far from ideal for sound quality.

i.e.

Acceptable: I love the JBL W15GTi! I bought two and they are my favorite subs yet!

Good: I love the JBL W15GTi! I bought two and they are my favorite subs yet! I don't understand the technical details, but these sound just right to me!

Unacceptable: My JBL W15GTi are so amazing! They have the best sound quality ever!

Liking what you like is perfectly fine, but I don't like the idea of preaching about the great sound quality of a product that measures in such a way that it is obviously far from ideal for sound quality.
Acceptable: I love the JBL W15GTi! I bought two and they are my favorite subs yet!

Unacceptable: My JBL W15GTi are so amazing! They have the best sound quality ever! I don't even know how to compare sound quality and have no desire to look at how they REALLY perform, but I repeat: best sound quality ever!
I can agree with that -- the difference between what you LIKE and what is accurate (SQ) is not necessarily the same at all.

i.e.

Good: I love the JBL W15GTi! I bought two and they are my favorite subs yet! I don't understand the technical details, but these sound just right to me!

Unacceptable: My JBL W15GTi are so amazing! They have the best sound quality ever!
couldnt have said it better dragon.

but i get yelled at/made fun of because i suggest subs that have proven klippel results of flat bl curve, documented motor designs for low distortion, low inductance, etc. but just because i havent heard them i dont know anything.

The SA12 has a little bit more Xmax then the Type R, but it's VERY close. The R does lose, though. I wouldn't consider either of them for any sound quality applications. For SPL, SA12 can move just a bit more air.
Type R is never the answer for anyone who cares about their system. Ever. Type R's are for recommending to people that ask us about subwoofers when we don't want to spend the effort explaining where to get the real good stuff.
I wil respectfully disagree. The Type R is not a bad woofer by any means. I loved my two Type R 12's when I had them. They are perfect for certain applications, not just for noobs. I have had a broad range of subs and I will have to say, although not my absolute favorite, they are definately in my top 5. Throw a good quality amp in a well made box tuned really low, and it will be loud and sound great doing it.

I love my IA Flatlyne! It sounded much better and gets lower than my 10" type r that I gave to my father-in-law. Of course the IA is a 12 and the type r was a 10". But the flatlyne got lower, played louder, and sounded better in a trunk car then the type r didin a SUV. The marketing may be gimmicky but the sub does sound amazing! So good that I am planning on getting a second. It can take the powa also, rated at 750w but gave it 900w daily for over 6 months and it wanted more! But between the 2 mentioned, I wasn't overly impressed with the type r so if I was to do it again I would go SA! Hope that helps.
Well I'd sure hope that the IA 12 was louder. Just as you said, you are comparing a 10" to a 12" and then comparing a 10" sub in an SUV versus a 12" sub in a car's trunk. With a subwoofer setup, you will need more cone surface area in an SUV than you do in a car. You have alot more air to push around in an SUV than you do in a car. Lastly, you still have to factor in the box both of those were in. Those 3 factors right there is obviously in the IA's favor. Kinda comparing Apples to Oranges

well sundown pissed me off by not returning any of my inquires so.......
How so ? If you've e-mailed I'm quite behind on those -- working on them as quickly as possible. If you've called did you leave a message ? I don't recall any local inquiries on SA woofers.

^ he pisses me off too cause he answers my emails,lmao...

dude really that pisses you off? i have had where people try to reach me this way and for some reason hotmail dumps it in the junk and i never see it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.