NewToTheGrounds
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Canada,ON
Helloooooo....I am currently looking at getting 2 x 12" subs

2 x SUNDOWN AUDIO SA-12 SERIES D2 12" SUBWOOFER DVC 2 OHM

or

2 x 12" Alpine Type-R

My amp is a Hifonics Brutus 1606D, and my current box is a 5 footer at 32hz. (I can easily make a new one if needed)

Can anyone tell me which would be the better of the 2 for spl and my amp, and is there any better subs at this price point? or just pick one of these and be happy with life.

thanks

Are you serious.
it was a joke, but u cant ask a question and put a .

did you know that.

see what i did there?

but on a serious note

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/82278-i-need-blbl-curve-explained/page__view__findpost__p__1146401

jacob says a sub with a flat bl curve will have lower distortion and be more true to the music over an overhung motor like sundowns.

thats not proving the alpine type r will be better, but generally with the designs the subs use, the alpine should have less distortion, and be the more accurate driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.