Sundown vs. Rockford Fosgate

Actually I friend of mine was running sundown amps and never had a problem. Then he up and decided to by two rockford bd4000's, and they shitted on themself.

But eh, Rockford is the bigger and more reputable company.

I heart sundown though.

id choose sundown, unless ofcourse you want to pay an arm and a leg, possibly even your childs arm and leg aswell for the rockford //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

unlike the rest of the forum on the bandwagon *cough cough* (JP jacob is a great guy and makes great amps) I ended up going with a RF. Im not a huge fan of anything other then there power amps though. I have run several T10001bds and installed them in many cars and just got a T40001bd that I am hooking up tommorow. If you have the money I would say go with RF but for a great budget amp the SAZ amps are amazing

unlike the rest of the forum on the bandwagon *cough cough* (JP jacob is a great guy and makes great amps) I ended up going with a RF. Im not a huge fan of anything other then there power amps though. I have run several T10001bds and installed them in many cars and just got a T40001bd that I am hooking up tommorow. If you have the money I would say go with RF but for a great budget amp the SAZ amps are amazing
i wouldnt really say if your on budget to get the sundowns although they can get quite cheap if you buy the refurbed. on the other hand, the only reason i would get a rockford amp was if i got a **** good deal on it, or if i just wanted to flush sum cash down the drain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Are we talking old school Rockford or new stuff? Either way I'd still go with Rockford.

Old school Punch amps were sick. Awesome looking and underrated.

Although, I wouldn't mind trying a Sundown sometime in the future.

Which company do you think produces better amplifiers, Sundown Audio or Rockford Fosgate (punch or power series)?
If you have read any of my blabber, you would know which company i back in 99% of my posts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

On a serious note though, RF is decent equipment.. but anything Sundown Audio has their name on comes with the nice feeling of knowing how overly built your amplifier is. My 3k runs daily on a pair of mojos, at a half ohm load, without getting warm (For normal musical listenings). Jacob even added MORE to the heatsink, which i guess is for the people running theirs rediculously low..

Are you serious?? Rockford amps look like a flat chested b*tch on the inside nothing to look at when the cover is off, and dont drop down below 1ohm for daily, the sundown is built, they will do .25ohm burps, .5ohm daily, and do 4kw over at .5ohms, and do better on the electrical system than junk ass rockford amps....LOL.... ill get flammed for this one....LOL

are we talking about a mids amp and highs amp or sub amp. Subwise you wouldn't hear a difference really, I would go sundown cuz jacob is right here if you need him.

For a mids amp I would do sundown >>>>>>> rockford. I enjoyed the quality a lot better with the sax 100.2 than the multiple rockford amps i've owned (600.2 and 850.4) All amps were ran active off of an eclipse 7000 and I just had a better sound out of the sundown imo.

good luck on your decision

Are you serious?? Rockford amps look like a flat chested b*tch on the inside nothing to look at when the cover is off, and dont drop down below 1ohm for daily, the sundown is built, they will do .25ohm burps, .5ohm daily, and do 4kw over at .5ohms, and do better on the electrical system than junk ass rockford amps....LOL.... ill get flammed for this one....LOL
I wasn't talking about the new ones. I was referring to these two styles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-700S-Car-Audio-Amp-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ140224131488QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-400a4-Car-Audio-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ330227855172QQihZ014QQcategoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Some of the best looking amps ever made IMO.

*flames* //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If someone sat a saz3000 and a Rockford T30001bd in front of me and told me to pick one to have for free. I would take the Rockford. Although I have never used Sundown I have heard all good about them so you probably can't go wrong with either. I've been running Rockford for years though, probably 15-20 different amps and have never had a single one quit on me. I still got one from 17 years ago that has been run hard as hell, in a couple car accidents and slung around that still sounds like brand new.

If I had to pay for them, I would definitely try a Sundown though. Can't beat those things price wise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.