Sundown vs. Rockford Fosgate

Yeah I'm not sure what they were going for with the new ones. Definitely wasn't their best design cosmetically.
I dont mind the looks to much, but its the insides scare me, there bare, they look like a legacy amp, theres nothing to them, some how they make power, but there dam n p bare inside, just kinda scary for the price, plus the new RF is built acrossed seas, and are not reliable at all and for the price is just rediculous not worth it, the sundowns are sweet

i wouldnt really say if your on budget to get the sundowns although they can get quite cheap if you buy the refurbed. on the other hand, the only reason i would get a rockford amp was if i got a **** good deal on it, or if i just wanted to flush sum cash down the drain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

where do you get these refurbed one's from?

I use to run the punch 75 and 150 back in the day and they were great amps. I got out of audio for a while. When I got back in about 5 years ago, I got a deal on two ppi pc2100 amp. I ran em to subs and mid and high and they sounded incredible. But I saved up over the next year so I could buy the power 1001bd and power 850 (i think that is the number) When I finally got em I was pretty impressed at how light the amps were, I figured they must have made huge advancements in technology to get that kind of power and still lighten up the amp. I hooked em both up in place of the ppi's and turned it on, and although I did have more power, I was really dissappointed with the sound Quality of the amp, both sub and mids and highs. I tried playing with setting on the amps and the head unit, but they just didnt sound as good as those ppi's. I refused to believe that I saved all that time for amps the totally disappointed me so I ran em anyway. one month later they got jacked from my car, and although I was pissed I was kinda relieved because since them I have had some really kick azz amps in my car. I just got an RD Audio 1750.1d which is the same amp as the sundown 1500, so I will let you know how that does. Sorry bout the long explaination. But needless to say, I am not a rockford fan.

i currently have a t3000.1bd and my lil bro's sundown 3000d is at my house....on the electrical same car same everything, the bass was very much diff on the sundown....now i didn't set the amps using a DMM, but from what i could tell, the RF had a more full line of bass, and the sundown bass was, not so full....that's the best way to describe it.

id choose sundown, unless ofcourse you want to pay an arm and a leg, possibly even your childs arm and leg aswell for the rockford //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
That's odd. I never paid anymore for my RFs than I would a sundown. Both companies are great. i have been a loyal RF user though since their hay day and will continue to do so.

sundown no problems rock= *****
That is a false and general statement straight from your ass. RF ***** and that's why so many still use them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Sundown is good stuff though.

I say both are good
TY
I dont mind the looks to much, but its the insides scare me, there bare, they look like a legacy amp, theres nothing to them, some how they make power, but there dam n p bare inside, just kinda scary for the price, plus the new RF is built acrossed seas, and are not reliable at all and for the price is just rediculous not worth it, the sundowns are sweet
What does it matter. They perform. Sundown design and RF design are different thats all it means. In the end they both perform.

i currently have a t3000.1bd and my lil bro's sundown 3000d is at my house....on the electrical same car same everything, the bass was very much diff on the sundown....now i didn't set the amps using a DMM, but from what i could tell, the RF had a more full line of bass, and the sundown bass was, not so full....that's the best way to describe it.
That would come down to a crossover issue or a gain issue - neither amp has a high distortion level.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.