Sundown vs kicker

tumblr_lhgq2omnun1qbguv3o1_400.jpg
mcfucking kill yourself...by eating my food

Man, what a cluster....

I can see both sides of the story, so in the middle I guess. Kicker makes some good stuff IMO, just over priced, especially their amps, but they are nice. Subs are very hit and miss due to their pricing, but can be had cheap if you look around.

A lot of people like the small guy and it is for good reason. Better CS, feel like you are part of the company more so and if you have a problem more than likely it will be taken care of. Had a situation that was taken care of twice with FI on a sub. Would have never had the same luck with Kicker and the big name brands....

I had good luck with my Kickers and have heard a few Sundown setups that got nasty and sounded good. I still think a lot of it is in the install....

Also I have seen a few guys meter high on some old school Orion amps that were stamped low wattage, but were beasts and put up insane numbers....I know not the same as what Bassmechanic said, but just sayin'.....also saw a dood put up 150 plus on old AC190 meter on two 10's off 600rms....claimed it was all in his box, which was a crazy t-line horn box. It was nutz!

Interesting read, lol!

Well it appears that everyone like my post so hear goes.
1. I used to own a shop, but do not currently. I choose to put my family first and not my shop.

2. The 148.00 on the meter was back awhile ago before the new mic designs. I mentioned that the newer mics would not be as kind. And currently I would not trust a Audio Control againt a Term-Lab at all. When I metered that car I had just adjusted it against my buddies Term-lab the week before at a show. There is no way in hell that I could do that now AT ALL and I know that. I never said that it was a car that was done recently. You can take it or leave it, I don't care.

3. As I already stated in a previous post that if a customer came to me and wanted to buy 2 12w7s for SPL purposes I would try and sell him 4 12w6 instead of the 2 because for the same amout of money he should be louder. The 12w7 is not a ideal spl sub IMO although it would be adequate if that is what they had to have. I wasn't trying to change my story or run in circles with words at all. I was simply stating what I would do in a scenario with the variables that I have in the store that I work at.

4. I only posted in this thread because I was curious if anyone had done woofer to woofer testing with the products that were mentioned in the first post. If you are going to pot something make sure you don't take it out of context please. I mentioned a different thought and everyone acts like im runningdown the street throwing hand grenades at nuns. If you don't like what I have to say, that is cool we all have our own opinions and just leave it at that.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif all this talkin in circles is makin me dizzy

Last edited by a moderator:
Funniest shiznit I have seen in a long while! I am sure that is old, but I dont watch much youtube anymore. Thanks for that! Kudos for those peeps that made that classic!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

so i just got a hell of a deal on 4 solo x 12s, 2 warhorses, and 8 kinetik 2400s and a 99 blazer with 2 layers of dynamat extreme floor, doors, and roof and stronger rear suspension. i do not sell kicker but i am going to give this all a shot. my plan is fully musical setup and hoping to break 160 and have 158 on music minimum. this equipment ran in a 4 door cavvy last year but the load on amps was 1 ohm so they only were doing around 5k each and box was way too small for subs with small slot ports in middle and tuned to 47. it did a 158.9 on its last term lab reading in the kick with drivers door open. im hoping to be higher then that with the amps at full power and bigger better box for the subs. My plan is to switch to 4 15" Nightshade fully loaded by end of year and next year to switch out to sundown amps. so i guess i will be doing this comparrison soon enough! i feel the night shade is a way better sub and that the sundown amps are better but when you see a deal that almost is too good to be true but you know its true and know the products and person....you just have to jump on it.

so i just got a hell of a deal on 4 solo x 12s, 2 warhorses, and 8 kinetik 2400s and a 99 blazer with 2 layers of dynamat extreme floor, doors, and roof and stronger rear suspension. i do not sell kicker but i am going to give this all a shot. my plan is fully musical setup and hoping to break 160 and have 158 on music minimum. this equipment ran in a 4 door cavvy last year but the load on amps was 1 ohm so they only were doing around 5k each and box was way too small for subs with small slot ports in middle and tuned to 47. it did a 158.9 on its last term lab reading in the kick with drivers door open. im hoping to be higher then that with the amps at full power and bigger better box for the subs. My plan is to switch to 4 15" Nightshade fully loaded by end of year and next year to switch out to sundown amps. so i guess i will be doing this comparrison soon enough! i feel the night shade is a way better sub and that the sundown amps are better but when you see a deal that almost is too good to be true but you know its true and know the products and person....you just have to jump on it.
and how much is this "deal" ?

I preferr to spank that *** from a trunk it would be more impreesive and **** you off more that way.LOL
Wouldn't **** me off any. First I would be impressed, second lots of trunk cars get loud at the meter easier than my truck. It's a fact no wall ext. chevys hate the meter. You wall them, and all of a sudden you can break 150 off a single 10. The cab configuration is just stupid hard on a meter.

I can see you having the opinion about the NS, especially since that would be more cone area; but you are comparing a Sundown amp to the Warhorse? Wow... And when you go to getting rid of all this equipment to swap for the Sundown, please oh please give me a call. I'll make sure it gets put to good use:up2somet:

Oh and I'd suggest more layers of Dynamat than that. It took us three on my roof just to stop the roof 'music' and I'm only running 2 X 12's on 3500w

Wouldn't **** me off any. First I would be impressed, second lots of trunk cars get loud at the meter easier than my truck. It's a fact no wall ext. chevys hate the meter. You wall them, and all of a sudden you can break 150 off a single 10. The cab configuration is just stupid hard on a meter.
Well I have built many non walled ext. Cab trucks chevy are the easiest to get loud and can get a 150 with 3500 watts and a single 18 super easy.

Just want to put this out there since there was just talk of the warhorse on here.. a couple weeks back there was a sell on them for 1399 each brand new. I missed the sell and the site no longer carries them since they are discontinued //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif /sick

To the guy with the 4 18" Nightshades. I wanna hear your system for sure. I got a good deal on my solo x's that I couldn't pass up so I went that route this time. I would love to have sundowns though but I had to snag these up while I could. For the pair I paid 800 with 1 year warranty :X

To the guy with the 4 18" Nightshades. I wanna hear your system for sure. I got a good deal on my solo x's that I couldn't pass up so I went that route this time. I would love to have sundowns though but I had to snag these up while I could. For the pair I paid 800 with 1 year warranty :X
I paid that for 1 12:rage: of course, I bought before Kicker thought dropping their prices on high end gear was cool, and even the interwebz was expensive on Xs

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Well I have built many non walled ext. Cab trucks chevy are the easiest to get loud and can get a 150 with 3500 watts and a single 18 super easy.
hz? box dimensions? and I'm doing that w/ 2 12's which is pretty much the equivalent. Off 3200w before taking into account rise. Probably seeing 2k total honestly. Just saying you wall them, you get a free 3db.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.