Sundown vs kicker

LOL.... you all have jokes... But seriously. Pick 2 comprable subs multiple the sd x xmax(x2). That will give you real life low freq output numbers. That is all im asking.
Now with what you said here, a sub with more sd and xmax will have real, better low fp #'s. right??

Now in poast #78 you said that the w6 is a better spl woofer vs the w7. Well by your above quote, the w7 should be the better.

I mean, it has more sd, and xmax and pt.

So again, I am going to question how long you have been doing this.

By the way, in poast #10, you admit to NOT using Kicker and have NEVER used Sundown.

So how in the hell can you question anyone that HAS actually used all of them.....

Ok I know I said I would not post anymore in this section, but here goes. I posted that I think the better choice for a customer would be a 12w6 instead of a 12w7 for SPL purpose. That staement was made not based on specs(which the W7 is better on paper), but based on the price vs output only. I can sell a guy 4 12w6 and get more output instead of selling him 2 12w7 woofers. It just wouldn't make sense to sell them the W7 unless that is what they had to have. The 148db was in a 2004 celica gt that the woofer and port were loaded off the hatch and it was metered on our shop Audio Control, which at the time was spot on with my buddies termlab. The box was a one note wonder tuned to the vehicle that was great for the meter and the woofer lasted about 3 months at a time. I upgraded him for free into a 12w3 to make it more reliable and as mentioned in that box it is not as loud. This was a couple of years ago and im sure the newer mic would not be as nice, but it proves that you can make anything loud if you try really really hard and use some common sense. I sold Kicker for YEARS and I don't use it anymore, because for the money I feel JL is a better all around sub. The Kickers can play louder depending on the setup(large ported enclosure), but for most small sealed applications I prefer the JL. I have had a couple of interesting responses to my post on here and If that is what you really feel, thats cool. I have been M.E.C.P. certified Advanced/First Class since 1997, I work in the industry and its not just a job its a career. I attend every training that I can get my foot in the door for and my customers love my work. With that being said I think that as passionate as some of you guys are about Sundown I will try and get one of them to test and this topic should be closed as it has gotton way off topic from the original question.

Ok I know I said I would not post anymore in this section, but here goes. I posted that I think the better choice for a customer would be a 12w6 instead of a 12w7 for SPL purpose. That staement was made not based on specs(which the W7 is better on paper), but based on the price vs output only. I can sell a guy 4 12w6 and get more output instead of selling him 2 12w7 woofers. It just wouldn't make sense to sell them the W7 unless that is what they had to have. The 148db was in a 2004 celica gt that the woofer and port were loaded off the hatch and it was metered on our shop Audio Control, which at the time was spot on with my buddies termlab. The box was a one note wonder tuned to the vehicle that was great for the meter and the woofer lasted about 3 months at a time. I upgraded him for free into a 12w3 to make it more reliable and as mentioned in that box it is not as loud. This was a couple of years ago and im sure the newer mic would not be as nice, but it proves that you can make anything loud if you try really really hard and use some common sense. I sold Kicker for YEARS and I don't use it anymore, because for the money I feel JL is a better all around sub. The Kickers can play louder depending on the setup(large ported enclosure), but for most small sealed applications I prefer the JL. I have had a couple of interesting responses to my post on here and If that is what you really feel, thats cool. I have been M.E.C.P. certified Advanced/First Class since 1997, I work in the industry and its not just a job its a career. I attend every training that I can get my foot in the door for and my customers love my work. With that being said I think that as passionate as some of you guys are about Sundown I will try and get one of them to test and this topic should be closed as it has gotton way off topic from the original question.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif i wish there was a smiley for him talking out his ass

Now with what you said here, a sub with more sd and xmax will have real, better low fp #'s. right??
Now in poast #78 you said that the w6 is a better spl woofer vs the w7. Well by your above quote, the w7 should be the better.

I mean, it has more sd, and xmax and pt.

So again, I am going to question how long you have been doing this.

By the way, in poast #10, you admit to NOT using Kicker and have NEVER used Sundown.

So how in the hell can you question anyone that HAS actually used all of them.....
Owned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Here's my problem with both your post, and JL. Most people want to get loud on less, so the 2 W7s make more sense as that's more 'wow' factor. The fact that my 2 12's are louder than pretty much any 4 15s I come across had a lot to do with why I did what I did. I know I could be louder on 2 18s but when I do my wall it will be 4 12's. You said in your post too that Kicker usually can get louder in the vehicle than JL and people can spout the SQ crap all day long and that Kicker isn't an SQ sub (it's not I know that), but an enclosure built right, with good clean power and 90% of your woofers out there are going to sound better than the quality of music that will be played in them. Very few people actually build for SQ, most people say "I want it loud but I want it to sound good" and nearly any brand will do that. Kicker does this with less cone area than any other big name brand. There are a lot of unknowns that can do it too but beyond these forums and the underground they are just that, unknown.

And to further clarify what I meant about that most subs can play better SQ than the music they play. By the time you take into acct. the distortion on the media (MP3, cd), head unit, amp the majority of your systems aren't going to be SQ all that much anyways. The thing is most people's ears can't tell the difference.

An audio control and Termlab that were both "spot on"....

Well shit, that is now 2 things that just seem funny now. First is the claimed 148 off of 250 watts and now the meters.

I have never seen any audio control and term lab ever read the same, ever.

And now you want to compare 2 subs to 4??? Really??You were just telling us to compare 2 of the same subs and comparing sd and xmax and so on.

And now in your above post, you change it up?? You were just asking us to compare specs(ON PAPER) of 2 subs and above you just

said something totally different.

First we were all comparing 1 sub to 1 other and now you are trying to compare 2 of one type to 4 of another.

Again, according to your own words, a sub with more sd, and xmax will have real louder low fq's.

So I ask again, which way is it?? You have contradicted your self quite a few times here.

Please, next time you attend said classes, pay attention. And if that is the crap that they are teaching you, please

get your $$$ back.

Now you claim to own a shop, care to provide us with a name or is that just a bunch of bs as well??

An audio control and Termlab that were both "spot on"....
Well shit, that is now 2 things that just seem funny now. First is the claimed 148 off of 250 watts and now the meters.

I have never seen any audio control and term lab ever read the same, ever.

And now you want to compare 2 subs to 4??? Really??You were just telling us to compare 2 of the same subs and comparing sd and xmax and so on.

And now in your above post, you change it up?? You were just asking us to compare specs(ON PAPER) of 2 subs and above you just

said something totally different.

First we were all comparing 1 sub to 1 other and now you are trying to compare 2 of one type to 4 of another.

Again, according to your own words, a sub with more sd, and xmax will have real louder low fq's.

So I ask again, which way is it?? You have contradicted your self quite a few times here.

Please, next time you attend said classes, pay attention. And if that is the crap that they are teaching you, please

get your $$$ back.

Now you claim to own a shop, care to provide us with a name or is that just a bunch of bs as well??
love youuu

Thank you sir:naughty:
Mr. Bass manik89 has changed directions quite a few times now it seems.

And I though there were only 360 deg. in a circle. Well it seems there may now be more....
agreed, he doesnt know if he's comin or goin. it would be one thing if he backtracked but holy crap! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif he just says random stupid things while carrying himself as an experienced knowledgable dude.

is sundown sub better than w6 in spl or sq? just curious. never heard a sd sub. if so i may bite the bullet on one sometime.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.