Sundown vs kicker

Not even a fair comparison. A more fair comparison would be Sundown, DC, IA, etc. at which point you just get people voicing which one they run.

You never mentioned what line from each of those manufacturers, either way, I'd take a low level Sundown over the top of the line Kicker. Kicker was great 10-15 years ago, long before real companies like DC, Sundown, IA etc learned how to build a better sub. Companies like Kicker, RF, Alpine etc are focused more on profit than quality.

You never mentioned what line from each of those manufacturers, either way, I'd take a low level Sundown over the top of the line Kicker. Kicker was great 10-15 years ago, long before real companies like DC, Sundown, IA etc learned how to build a better sub. Companies like Kicker, RF, Alpine etc are focused more on profit than quality.
Alpines are not THAT bad of subs, hell i loved my type R i had a few years back had that baby running 1ohm on a old JBL amp. Of course could not compare to the FI i upgraded to. but for a mainstream they are pretty decent subs.

I would love to see some actual data to back the comment on this thread. Like what is the real world displacement of air on a Sundown vs. Kicker, please add model number. Stuff like that will actually tell you which is a "better" sub. And for the record I don't use kicker and have never tried the Sundown(but might like to).

I would love to see some actual data to back the comment on this thread. Like what is the real world displacement of air on a Sundown vs. Kicker, please add model number. Stuff like that will actually tell you which is a "better" sub. And for the record I don't use kicker and have never tried the Sundown(but might like to).
Once your around here long enough you will understand. In any situation the Sundown will crush the Kicker. Doesnt matter what Kicker sub you pick.

A comparison might also consider failure rates and things like distortion...

Kicker makes good amps, but I wouldn't touch their speakers or subwoofers... cheap chinese junk IMHO..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.