Sundown sfb low bass performance?

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
Are the Sundown sfb any good at playing the lows compared to Korean amps? I've seen a few people saying full bridge can't compete with Korean when it comes to playing low bass? I understand they do rated so I don't want to hear the power is power argument.

.......an amp simply amplifies the signal presented to it, they all play the same frequencies unless restricted by filters or some other setting/EQ.....

red amps seems to play those lows excellent.....dont buy a blue amp they **** at lows.....yellow amps are ok, is that what you wanted to hear? because thats kinda how your comparing things, sounds pretty stupid huh

Last edited:
I don't want to hear the power is power argument
Another challenger appears to take Richard Clark's 10 grand.
I read somewhere and now i can't remember where that they were not meant for competition
They can't handle the burps
So long as you keep them at or above minimum rated impedance and within rated imput voltage range they're fine. I bought a couple of the SFB 8Ks back late last summer and they perform just fine in the lanes and for just beating on. You do have 2 year warranty backed by one of the most reputable companies in the business to fall back on too.

red amps seems to play those lows excellent.....dont buy a blue amp they **** at lows.....yellow amps are ok, is that what you wanted to hear? because thats kinda how your comparing things, sounds pretty stupid huh
I think I'm going to leave this topic alone. Some people on here are too emotional. They guy from Emf has a video comparing the Smart 3k to a half bridge. He was explaining the difference, but I'm sure you would call him a hater. He also tested that overrated Rockville Punisher. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the sfb 5k, and when I hook it up I will know immediately if the low end is lacking. I will report back once I actually run it, but it won't matter because people love to live in fantasy worlds where the L7 is a great sounding sub. There is another well known youtuber that tested a lower power full bridge on a sub, and he said the same thing about the bass. If power is power like everyone on here wants to believe Sundown shouldn't be able to sell one Salt amp unless people love to waste money? Maybe Sundown figured it out since they swear up and down that their amps are different than Brazilian amps?

I think I'm going to leave this topic alone. Some people on here are too emotional. They guy from Emf has a video comparing the Smart 3k to a half bridge. He was explaining the difference, but I'm sure you would call him a hater. He also tested that overrated Rockville Punisher. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the sfb 5k, and when I hook it up I will know immediately if the low end is lacking. I will report back once I actually run it, but it won't matter because people love to live in fantasy worlds where the L7 is a great sounding sub. There is another well known youtuber that tested a lower power full bridge on a sub, and he said the same thing about the bass. If power is power like everyone on here wants to believe Sundown shouldn't be able to sell one Salt amp unless people love to waste money? Maybe Sundown figured it out since they swear up and down that their amps are different than Brazilian amps?

Is this kind of like comparing class D and class AB amps for the mids/highs? From what little I've seen or done, I've noticed that people want Korean half bridge on their bass and class A/B for their mids/highs. I think there's a difference between power and "clean" power. If I had the room and money, Korean D for bass and class A/B for highs would always win out.

They guy from Emf has a video comparing the Smart 3k to a half bridge.
The difference in power at extreme ends of the frequency spectrum shown on that video would be nearly inaudible real world and could easily be overcome with EQ if you cared.
when I hook it up I will know immediately if the low end is lacking
If you do not provide some objective datasets from an RTA and/or SPL meter I personally will call you out and probably mock you if I see that thread.
fantasy worlds where the L7 is a great sounding sub
Kicker Solo X has been used in world finals tier SQ builds. Nothing wrong with the Kicker sub lineup for what they are and if you can't make one sound good or get loud within it''s limitations that's on you and not on Kicker.
If power is power like everyone on here wants to believe Sundown shouldn't be able to sell one Salt amp unless people love to waste money?
And how many of those do you think they sell compared to the full bridge lineup? It's a niche product over-built for particular application (or just for people that want the wow-factor of a 4 foot 100 pound amp in their vehicle). All things equal the guy using full bridge is going to get louder for far less money and space invested these days.
I think there's a difference between power and "clean" power.
Can you quantify this with some objective measurements for us? Are you ready to take Richard Clark's money?
Also anybody using class A/B outside of a nostalgia piece for the sake of nostalgia these days is soft in the head.

People just want to run 1/2 ohm and 1/4 ohm.i will say this i had 3 8’s on a sfb 2000 and they hit harder lower on the sundown 2000 then my taramps smart 3.i dont know why but they did.it was weird.maybe some amps react to frequencies differently🤷🏻‍♂️But the full ranges work superb for the budget minded like me.500$ for 8k watts or 2100$.u choose

I’m running all class D amps at full range. Crossovers are done through the DSP, and I can’t tell any audible difference between my original class a/b I had on my highs. Personally, I don’t like to use the crossovers on the amps. I want to adjust the signal/frequencies my amp is receiving before it ever gets there to get amplified. If there’s one thing on amps I don’t trust out of every other feature the amp offers, it’s the crossovers, regardless of brand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...