sundown SFB amplifiers

Like the actual tower isn't wired into what's producing the energy. The energy is transferred via transverse wave propagation. It's similar to how they can heat metal using a large coiled wire. I think that's called induction heating.

I gotcha, sorry I shouldn't have used terms from my line of work. Back emf is a term used to explain what you're saying except in my line of work its used to talk about when motors create back voltage (emf) while running. Regardless i totally get what your saying and will start looking for that stat. Thank you
Just read your last post. I see the difference, although my understanding of back emf helps me understand the concept. Once again, thank you for the knowledge

Do you have a way to store and re-use that back emf?

edit: don't want to derail the thread.

I love full bridge amps. I think the Sundown SFB is a good line but it has not been around long enough to know how reliable IMO.

I think we will be seeing alot of Chinese full bridge amps coming out soon.

After watching that video,I would still take the Sundown over that one. Not only because of warranty but the quality of couple of the components look better as well. But for 110 bucks and 1,100 watts for people who are cheap then it looks to do ok. Question would be... would they honor the warranty and then how long is going to last,lol. Also the Sundown iirc has dual speaker outputs over the single on that one which is nice. ICR what power and ground though the Sundown uses.

Last edited:
I tend to judge an amp by is dampening factor. I personally think this is the most overlooked stat that indicates the quality of an amp.
Stephen Mantz used to have a writeup on this topic in his old manuals. His conclusion was that for practical purposes that stat is rather over-rated.
it has not been around long enough to know how reliable IMO.
Very true and where buying the Sundown name really has value. The value of knowing they're a company that can afford to make good on warranty claims for 2 years even if they have a huge failure rate. I wouldn't touch the cheaper Chinese ones from no-name brands for a few more years yet.

After watching that video,I would still take the Sundown over that one. Not only because of warranty but the quality of couple of the components look better as well. But for 110 bucks and 1,100 bucks for people who are cheap then it looks to do ok. Question would be... would they honor the warranty and then how long is going to last,lol. Also the Sundown iirc has dual speaker outputs over the single on that one which is nice. ICR what power and ground though the Sundown uses.
Its pretty clear you know 0 about amps.

Stephen Mantz used to have a writeup on this topic in his old manuals. His conclusion was that for practical purposes that stat is rather over-rated.

Very true and where buying the Sundown name really has value. The value of knowing they're a company that can afford to make good on warranty claims for 2 years even if they have a huge failure rate. I wouldn't touch the cheaper Chinese ones from no-name brands for a few more years yet.
You understand dampening factor? When your talking about high current low impedance is disagree.

Sure I don't :rolleyes: and congrats you finally actually posted something in the car audio section instead of being in the Trump thread all day long!

I notice how you don't attack other people as well in this thread just me and hispls. And he knows quite a bit.

I messed up when I said 1,100 bucks I meant watts of course anyone with a BRAIN would understand that. Big deal like you've never made a mistake while typing I mean you are sooooooooo perfect in your life :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sure I don't :rolleyes: and congrats you finally actually posted something in the car audio section instead of being in the Trump thread all day long!

I notice how you don't attack other people as well in this thread just me and hispls. And he knows quite a bit.

I messed up when I said 1,100 bucks I meant watts of course anyone with a BRAIN would understand that. Big deal like you've never made a mistake while typing I mean you are sooooooooo perfect in your life :rolleyes:
My point is it most certinally wouldn't trust china with a full bridge. Most you will never see out a chinese full bridge is 5500 a s that's with. Least possible rise.
Bass 8k can be ran at .5 and actually clamp close to 8k

You understand dampening factor?
For practical purposes it just means a very low output impedance. If you're convinced this is important what would you say is a good number for this spec?
Most you will never see out a chinese full bridge is 5500 a s that's with. Least possible rise.
SFB 8000 and 13500 amp dyno videos are on youtube and the 8000 makes over 6000W into 2 ohms. Why would you even say something like this when a quick google search would disprove it?

Because those are facts hispls. And instead of just coming out and saying what he said to me in that post above he says I know nothing. Sundown vetted their supplier from China, if you know anything about Sundown they won't use cheap components like some companies. Plus amp repair places will fix their amplifiers including the Full Bridge line. Every Full Bridge amplifier they have come out with has made more then advertised at certified. If it hasn't been Williston it is Sundown themselves showing a long video of Dyno Testing them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.