sundown SFB amplifiers

Who said it was perfect? Once again putting words into someone else's mouth on here.

His 1ohm was at 13.46 volts. Some of this other amplifier videos they drop to 12.5 volts in some and still make the power they claim. But believe whatever you want to. At this point you would be the last person on earth I would ever trust to learn from on anything in RL or on a forum.

Btw just so you know...Sundown says flat out on those amplifier do not run them under 1ohm. They are stable at 1ohm but not below it. In some of his future videos he has since started using a clamp on them as well.

Think this whole thing is comical just like your other posts towards me or others can help but sit here and laugh at them.

Once again...use something called a spell checker, common feature on a phone these days and built into browsers!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone that wants 8k daily would buy an 8k full bridge from any brand.

That's the thing with full bridge amps is that they are cheap power. If I wanted 8k daily I would buy two of them. Would still be cheaper than a Korean 8k and I wouldn't have to wire to .25 to get that 8k. No Korean 8k is going to see 8k daily either unless wired into the dirt.

Agreed. I have no issues with the Sundown stuff but that is me. I think if I were to do a 8K it would be Korean. Even the half-bridge I bought by Apex Car Audio was done in conjunction with Sundown, otherwise I would have avoided it.

You can claim a number like that on paper but that won't figure in contact resistances (amp terminal to speaker cable, speaker cable to speaker terminal, speaker terminal to tinsel lead, lead to voice coil). Sure, small, but your """500""" DF amp (at 4 ohm) is implying .008 ohm internal impedance. So what are all those contact losses? Even at .1 ohm you're DF is now about 25. Now add DCR of your coil + contact losses and divide that by nominal impedance of your coil and that's your true damping factor real world.

So basically real world your damping factor is typically somewhere around 1 and small change most of the time and the whole thing is pretty meaningless. Or at least according to a guy that's been leading the industry in amplifier design for 40 years.

Jason Declue is pretty much banned from all st.louis car audio meet ups.
fix.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.