Sundown Audio Nightshade 18'' -- AQ2200 >> Truck Build

How should I make the flares for the port? Does it NEED them? I read it makes it more efficient. I will eventually go to aeros probally, but for the time being what can I do?

Lol so i remebered seeing a thread a guy posted where he made his flares for his sonotube. He might have had platic plates. Well I just made some ghetto fabulous flares out of some paper plates. I doubled 'em up and glued the hell out of them. Worth a try? Will be getting aeros in the future.

100_0406.jpg

100_0410.jpg

100_0408.jpg

Hit a curb last week...

100_0411.jpg

100_0412.jpg

gotta love the work truck

i was like paper plate FTW! but yea they dont NEED to be flared but its always helpful. i have built a coule boxs with just pvc pipe and sanded the edges and it sounded **** good. looking good so far man. glad u decided to tackle this box on your own. thats how i got started a long time ago, just dive into it and learn as you go. good job man

thanks heath, i've gotta start somewhere. its coming along nicely, just got the cut out made for the sub and it fits good. Heres a pic of a little mock up. The port will be coming out of the top. Going to clean up some cuts..

100_0413.jpg

Just picked up some threaded rod as well.

the paper plates would probably work if you put some resin on them
Yeah probally. I think they will work without resin i glued the hell out of them. I prob. wont use them though.

Great progress man. I hated making wedge boxes...the angle on the front baffle was always a pain.

Great progress man. I hated making wedge boxes...the angle on the front baffle was always a pain.
Thanks. Yeah its a pain especially to double baffle the wedge. Its been good weather, nice and sunny.

Its going to **** getting it in the truck but I think it will go in. Worst comes to worst a seats coming out. The past big square boxs ive had to put in myself

Another question..

I used this box calculator http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

When I put the side peices on should they go flush into it or should I just slap it over the baffle and all the sides. If I did that, then my total length would have 1.5'' added to it. Kinda confused here. If I put the peices flush, then I wont have to add that into the inside total volume?

sorry kinda hard to explain

Just have to put on side peices and take the grinder to some joints and edges to smooth it out. Maybe ill spray paint it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Think I should've gone with thicker threaded rod.

100_0414-1.jpg

100_0415.jpg

100_0417.jpg

100_0416-1.jpg

100_0419.jpg

100_0418.jpg

idk if you noticed but one peice is a little off there...

A 18 in a single cab chevy man I don't think your passangers will like you much.. haha

I would of went 2 12's, I have to say this is looking a lot like a fail.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I hope it works for you but man thats tight..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.