Sundown Audio Nightshade 18'' -- AQ2200 >> Truck Build

you can use the 18 in 4.5 cubes, 3 10s are probably going to need a bigger box than that.
yeah i know but the box design I have wont fit the sub it at all. Its not close to deep enough. I would have to build a big ass wedge box and leave my passenger seat screwed and middle seat out.

**** i would have figured that out before i bought the sub tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Buuuut wait! Just got another box design done. I think this one will work...it may still be cramped but oh well. It came out to 5.75^3 before displacements. After sub (.25), port (.5), double baffle in front (??), and some bracing (??), I hope im under 5 and close to 4.5 cubes.

box2.jpg

100_0404.jpg

100_0405.jpg

I just got the peices cut except for the side peices. I have the double baffle clamped and glueing right now.

Is there a certain amount of room the end of the port needs to have away from the motor of the sub in the box? The port will be going a little past half way in the box, and Ill try to get the sub as far over as I can. Im still not sure how im going to go about bracing and putting the port in.

As far as im concerned...im getting this bich in there before I give up on it. I still have a whole sheet of mdf //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Haha glad to hear it may work, as far as the port being away from an object, I believe it like half the port diameter, so for you it should be 4" away. This may be wrong as I'm just going off of what I may remember though.

You might wanna figure out the box size before cutting that port though.. lol :p

Alright thanks. I just dont know how much displacements everything is going to take up. I know the sub is .25..but how much exacally is the port going to take up? I put in .75 for the thickness in the box calculator for the wood, so how much will the double baffle up front take up? I plan on adding as little bracing as possible.

also, is it possible for me to port out of the top? Or will the slant have an effect? I would have to leave some port sticking out because the box is only 21'' tall

okaay. So according to my calculations, the extra layer of wood for the double baffle will take up .41 cubes.

Sub - .25

double baffle - .41

Port - .35

bracing - ??

right at 1^3 without the bracing factored in. So that leaves me at 4.75^3 before bracing displacement.

I plan on adding some sort of " U " for the port to rest on. Think the port will need to be between 22'' and 23.5'' according to the 12volt port caculator.

Do I need to factor in the .75" of wood that the port goes through? So should I add .75'' to whatever im cutting it to?

also, is it possible for me to port out of the top? Or will the slant have an effect? I would have to leave some port sticking out because the box is only 21'' tall
The slant won't affect it as long as the port doesn't touch the baffle. Make sure you leave a port's width away from the bottom of the box though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.