Sundown Audio Nightshade 18'' -- AQ2200 >> Truck Build

The slant won't affect it as long as the port doesn't touch the baffle. Make sure you leave a port's width away from the bottom of the box though.
Think it will be noticably louder if I port up compared to the side?

Wrong.
Its half the diameter of the port(the radius) squared(so approximately 4x4) x 3.14 x the length of the port divided by 1728
That would be .66 cubes. I used 23'' as my port length. Which one of you is right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Can we get some photos of the truck and space your working with? I have owned like 10 trucks single cab, extended, crew I might be able to give you and idea..

What I have done in trucks

Single cab

2 12's behind the seats

4 15's in camper coming through window

4 8's behind seat

crew

2 12's behind driver current subs

1 15" behind driver

6 12's blow though in window ( photos in my profile here. )

1 18" behind driver ext setup.

Displacement is how much room something takes up. I would think you would use the entire width and not just the radius, I could be wrong though.

no prob. I have 4.4^3 after displacements, not including bracing.

Think Im going to have to port through the top and leave some port hanging out to save room.

Can we get some photos of the truck and space your working with? I have owned like 10 trucks single cab, extended, crew I might be able to give you and idea..
What I have done in trucks

Single cab

2 12's behind the seats

4 15's in camper coming through window

4 8's behind seat

crew

2 12's behind driver current subs

1 15" behind driver

6 12's blow though in window ( photos in my profile here. )

1 18" behind driver ext setup.
Yeah I can get some pics tomorrow or find some older ones i posted

Decided im porting out of the top of the box. 11'' in the box, and 11'' out. Box is 5.75^3 before displacements.

sub - .25

port - .32

double baffle - .41

4.75^3 after those displacements. Ill try to brace strong but with as less as I can.

you can use the 18 in 4.5 cubes, 3 10s are probably going to need a bigger box than that.
Not really, since a normal 10" sub needs 1-1.5ft^3 each, and you can get away with less since he'd be using a common chamber.

length of port x OD of port x 3.14 = XThen divide X by 1728
Nope.

Wrong.
Its half the diameter of the port(the radius) squared(so approximately 4x4) x 3.14 x the length of the port divided by 1728
Yes!

Displacement is how much room something takes up. I would think you would use the entire width and not just the radius, I could be wrong though.
Nope again.

Yeah I think Spooney is right...my bad.
Indeed!

I'll use a mixture of both liquid nails and wood glue. Some say the liquid nails are better, some dont.

well the only thing ive glued is the double baffle. Ill throw some wood glue in the build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.