Sundown audio 10" in sealed box, vs ported

I will need to go with ported then I think, If i turn it around then the cone is going to beat itself on the back wall of my truck. I'm not joking about my limited space lol the only reason it works facing forward is because I can pull the seat forward several inches
I said temporary just to see what you are missing, take it ou of that space have it face the rear with 3 to 6 inches of space in between and test out the output. Try different directions and figure out which way is tge loudest, that will help us design a box for maximal output

a wedge with sub forward port to passenger wall is probably your best bet
This sounds good to me. My previous was a wedge, sub forward and port toward my seat which really didn't allow it to hit anything (except for all the random crap i had behind my driver seat lol)

I'll probably have some guys start work on it Monday or tomorrow

I said temporary just to see what you are missing, take it ou of that space have it face the rear with 3 to 6 inches of space in between and test out the output. Try different directions and figure out which way is tge loudest, that will help us design a box for maximal output
This couldn't work long term, behind my seats I have a kind of shelf/box thing that is 10"wide and my sub box needs to fit down into it. Which means there is perhaps half an inch between the box and back wall.

If I were to turn it around the cone would hit the wall without even playing music, and to move it back would mean taking it out of that shelf

I have a SA-12 running on a SAE-600D , so around 600 watt rms. It's louder than I ever imagined. I went with a 2cube box, ported of course. My friend who used to be real big in car audio said getting a truck loud is hard. Just the way they are, since you don't have a trunk to sit it in. But my 12" definitely rattles my mirrors and windows. Sitting in the back seat of my Dodge Dakota, ext cab.Running the D2 at 1 ohm
Getting loud in a truck isn't hard... I even have an access cab and do pretty well.

Anywho, I skipped a bunch of this thread, but the SA series should beat 90% of what Kicker can throw at it in both SPL and SQ. Definitely go ported with around 2 Cubes(net) and tune it in the low to mid 30s (or higher if you really prefer it).

@tannerdavis3 ;

You can do a ported box with the port and sub firing up towards the roof with both loading off the roof. These are the dimensions

10 Width x 13Depth x 30 height with 1.5 inch by 8.5 inch port thats 21 inches long will give you 1.15 cubic feet of net usuable airspace at 35hz tuning fitting sundown's recommending specs.

Is this truck you putting the sa-10 in a work truck or just a personal truck. the reason I ask is if it were my truck and I had no problem giving up a little bit of space in my bed. I would build a 4th order bandpass blowthough setup and just have a port going into the truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.