Sundown audio 10" in sealed box, vs ported

10x16x13. minus 3/4 inch
9.25x15.25x12.25. equals 1728.01563.

I don't understand the calculator.
Your equation is wrong. If you have 10 x 16 x13 you subtract 1.5 from each not .75.

If you had no idea what you were doing with the ported box then you should have asked for help. You have it set up completely wrong atm. Bass needs to bounce/load off a wall to get loud and your old kicker had a port and its loaded off something thats why it seems louder, your box right now is loading off NOTHING thats why you have basically zero output. Again turn the box around or have it face the door. Box is way to far away to load off windshield firing forward.

So how much sound will I gain by losing that half a cubic foot out of the box and keeping it sealed?
I added more to my previous comment, making/modifying your sealed box will do nothing to help your situation. You need proper acoustical loading to get any real output.

Jeff, about the loading off a wall or something. The passenger seat is right in front of it, like a few inches in front. I suppose it could hit that for increased sound?

Did the port on the other box help increase the sound? The air coming from the port didn't really hit anything

Take a picture of your designated bass area and give me your max dimensions in l x w x h and we will get you loud man.
Will do, it will be late tomorrow night before I get a chance to get it up here though. I think that would be best, it's kind of a unique area since it is a single cab truck

The dimensions of the box I have already are pretty much my max, it fits tight into the space without being fastened down at 10x13. Height isn't a limit still.

Jeff, about the loading off a wall or something. The passenger seat is right in front of it, like a few inches in front. I suppose it could hit that for increased sound?
Did the port on the other box help increase the sound? The air coming from the port didn't really hit anything
There are omnidirectional bass waves comming out of the port reinforcing the front wave so they will get louder easier. Where as sealed the sound only comes from the cone. They need to bounce off solid metal so the passenger seat is useless, you need a solid wall, turn the box around or towards a car door, Just temporary for testing purposes and youll see what a big difference it will make.

I suppose I could spend the $100 on a box. Is ported better though? I can't accurately say anything about my sealed box sounding quiet now that I realize the size was off
if its built proper yes 3x better than sealed. i had a rf hx2-12 in a sealed 1^3 box what rf recommends. i switched to ported and the output was trippled and that was in a small ported I'm getting a new one that is proper for it and I'm sure that will improv it aswell. single cabs are difficult to work with as i stated earlier idk if you saw my video or not but on that same channel theres a video ofmy has in my mazda. HUGE difference in output although half the power

There are omnidirectional bass waves comming out of the port reinforcing the front wave so they will get louder easier. Where as sealed the sound only comes from the cone. They need to bounce off solid metal so the passenger seat is useless, you need a solid wall, turn the box around or towards a car door, Just for tests and youll see what a big difference it will make.
I will need to go with ported then I think, If i turn it around then the cone is going to beat itself on the back wall of my truck. I'm not joking about my limited space lol the only reason it works facing forward is because I can pull the seat forward several inches

if its built proper yes 3x better than sealed. i had a rf hx2-12 in a sealed 1^3 box what rf recommends. i switched to ported and the output was trippled and that was in a small ported I'm getting a new one that is proper for it and I'm sure that will improv it aswell. single cabs are difficult to work with as i stated earlier idk if you saw my video or not but on that same channel theres a video ofmy has in my mazda. HUGE difference in output although half the power
So I can have some guys professionally build a ported box custom to my truck, I'm supposing this is the way to go. The sub will still not be facing a wall

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.