Suggestions on a 12" sub that can handle 1500rms

ConwayBang
10+ year member

conway
I had a 12 alpine type r wired down to 2ohms getting about 800rms and it blew... Im thinkin about just getting the same sub and trying it again... but i would like to get a sub that will wire down to 1ohm 2 get more rms flowin ~1450 any ideas on a 12 that can handle that kinda power...200$ or less new...

I got the camaro hatch all the way full with 2.3@32hz box i would like a 15 2 if u can think of 1 that would be ok with that box??

ya i know thats why im askin yall... I would love 2 wire amp down 2 1 ohm... I dont think a 15 ported will fit in a camaro hatch... the box right now is a real tight fit...I would love a 15

How would u compare a Type R to a P3... They are the same price but the P3 comes with a yr warranty... Also do u think a soundstream tarrantula can handle 1400 with gains turned way down???

And shldnt type r's be able to handle 800~rms

Well you you turn the gain down you reduce the power it sees. 1400w at 1 ohm would be 37.4v if you turn your gains down to say 1/2 of that so ~18.7v you are only giving the sub 349 watts. So if you turn the gains way down you also reduce the power, so yes that sub can be hooked up to a 5000w amp as long as the gains are adjusted accordingly. Understand?

Just wanted to make sure. It sounded confusing when I read it back.

So assuming you keep the gains on the low side then that amp will be fine. What about picking up one d1 sub now and run it at 2ohms? Then you can add another d1 down the road and run it at 1ohm?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.