subwoofer to factory head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

dladdin

Hey people (New here)

Right I have fitted any subs into aftermarket head units before using the left and right (red and white) lane in and out !I am just asking can you fit a amp and sub to a factory head unit that don't have the red and white lines out ? It's for a chevy spark and it's expensive to get a aftermarket radio

Thanks

Dladdin

Hey people (New here)Right I have fitted any subs into aftermarket head units before using the left and right (red and white) lane in and out !I am just asking can you fit a amp and sub to a factory head unit that don't have the red and white lines out ? It's for a chevy spark and it's expensive to get a aftermarket radio

Thanks

Dladdin
Using a factory Hu to external amp requires a loc (line out converter). I recommend an Audio Control lc2i. You tap into the existing speaker harness to get a signal to run to the amp.

Yeh I see ! Can I cut into the back left and right speakers to take the signal from there but the head unit still run the back speakers as well as the convertor.. seen some instructions on eBay saying to cut the rear speakers completely to run the comverter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.