Subwoofer settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nsb127916

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello. I own an 08 Camry, unfortunately. Yet it’s the only place I can hear my music. LOUD! It I’m still never satisfied. My main problem is probably my sub itself. It’s a single 12” pioneer in a box with a factory eq inset. But it should still sound kinda good, right?! I listen to rock. So I’m always tryin to amplify basslines. However, I don’t wanna miss out on the deep, mirror shaking low notes either. Somebody help me!!

Hello. I own an 08 Camry, unfortunately. Yet it’s the only place I can hear my music. LOUD! It I’m still never satisfied. My main problem is probably my sub itself. It’s a single 12” pioneer in a box with a factory eq inset. But it should still sound kinda good, right?! I listen to rock. So I’m always tryin to amplify basslines. However, I don’t wanna miss out on the deep, mirror shaking low notes either. Somebody help me!!
If you're listening to rock you should have a lot of deep, mirror shaking low notes. If you want your rock to have bass similar to what you hear in rap music, then you'll need to look at changing the subwoofer system. However, this can be problematic as the sub-bass swamps the midbass causing the music to sound muddy.

If you just want to shake the car, bass shakers are cheap option.

Last edited:
It’s a single 12” pioneer in a box with a factory eq inset
Are you talking about a powered loaded enclosure? If yes, they are not really big boomers. Best bet is one and an external amplifier.
Screenshot_20240211-213136(1).png

You are going to need to beef up your sub stage in that vehicle to get that kind of bass response. A good pair of American Bass XFL 10s or 12s or even better the Hawk series 10s or 12s in a min of 32Htz tuned enclosure (subs rear /port rear,and true 2k rms mono amplifier will get it done

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...