Subwoofer power

alvogel122

I am currently looking for an amp and a sub. Right now, I have a 4 channel amp picked out that can bridge to 160 watts. My one question is will 160 watts for sub meant for 150 watts really be loud enough? I like my bass and I'm not really sure what to expect. Thanks.

I am currently looking for an amp and a sub. Right now, I have a 4 channel amp picked out that can bridge to 160 watts. My one question is will 160 watts for sub meant for 150 watts really be loud enough? I like my bass and I'm not really sure what to expect. Thanks.
no but whats the amp it may not even do the 160

you need a 500w amp, but do NOT treat the gain knob like a volume knob. ask for help when setting gains we will help you. What final load will your sub be wired to?

even something like this will do just fine

no... what your price range? do u have sub yet? if so what ohm load is it? well help u find better..
I'm trying to stay on the budget side of things, but I know full well, you get what you pay for... The only reason I have the m75-4 picked out is that I'm amping my front two speakers and thought i could bridge the last two to the sub. Now i know that 160 watts wont really be enough to feel the bass. So as of now, im looking for two new rear deck speakers that will be able to be amped to make my system sound pretty decent. The sub can come after that. When that does happen however, do you guys have any suggestions a good, loud budget sub/amp combo?

Run the back speakers off HU power....your sounds come from the front, which is way more important. Another idea is a 5 ch amp. I've seen a few for around 100 bucks give or take a few and have some pretty good power. I owned a few in the past.

I'm trying to stay on the budget side of things, but I know full well, you get what you pay for... The only reason I have the m75-4 picked out is that I'm amping my front two speakers and thought i could bridge the last two to the sub. Now i know that 160 watts wont really be enough to feel the bass. So as of now, im looking for two new rear deck speakers that will be able to be amped to make my system sound pretty decent. The sub can come after that. When that does happen however, do you guys have any suggestions a good, loud budget sub/amp combo?
like tahoe said ignor rear speakers (most of us don't use them, i pulled mine out) if u have even 100rms going to front 6.5" or bigger u won't need rears just get a 12" sub.. u do need more power to sub so u can get soundstream 900.4 same as ppi amps everyone here runs $140 be a ton of power for front speakers and i think 440rms to sub (has to be a d2 or single 4 ohm sub to bridge 2 channels) or get small $59 dual amp that big blank just tested to do 86rmsx2

then u can get a pioneer 3003 12 $80 and ported box u won't believe how good that sub can sound on low power.. if u want to spend like $200 more u can get better stuff..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.