Subwoofer power

alvogel122

I am currently looking for an amp and a sub. Right now, I have a 4 channel amp picked out that can bridge to 160 watts. My one question is will 160 watts for sub meant for 150 watts really be loud enough? I like my bass and I'm not really sure what to expect. Thanks.

Run the back speakers off HU power....your sounds come from the front, which is way more important. Another idea is a 5 ch amp. I've seen a few for around 100 bucks give or take a few and have some pretty good power. I owned a few in the past.
If you like proper imaging he will want the backs.

like tahoe said ignor rear speakers (most of us don't use them, i pulled mine out) if u have even 100rms going to front 6.5" or bigger u won't need rears just get a 12" sub.. u do need more power to sub so u can get soundstream 900.4 same as ppi amps everyone here runs $140 be a ton of power for front speakers and i think 440rms to sub (has to be a d2 or single 4 ohm sub to bridge 2 channels) or get small $59 dual amp that big blank just tested to do 86rmsx2

Most of you dont run back speakers because you dont understand how imaging works.

like tahoe said ignor rear speakers (most of us don't use them, i pulled mine out) if u have even 100rms going to front 6.5" or bigger u won't need rears just get a 12" sub.. u do need more power to sub so u can get soundstream 900.4 same as ppi amps everyone here runs $140 be a ton of power for front speakers and i think 440rms to sub (has to be a d2 or single 4 ohm sub to bridge 2 channels) or get small $59 dual amp that big blank just tested to do 86rmsx2

I will definitely check out the Soundstream amp. That thing looks great for the price. I've never heard of them before though. Are they a good brand? On second note, since the two 6.5" I'm putting up front are only rated for 90 watts RMS, (infinity kappa 60.11cs) would 220 watts be too much for them to handle? Obviously, a full 220 would blow them but i could turn the gain down right? Lastly, kind of an odd question considering what we're talking about, but is sound deadening your car (front door, rear deck, trunk) really worth it? Is the sound THAT much better? Was thinking HushMatt. Thanks in advance.

I will definitely check out the Soundstream amp. That thing looks great for the price. I've never heard of them before though. Are they a good brand? On second note, since the two 6.5" I'm putting up front are only rated for 90 watts RMS, (infinity kappa 60.11cs) would 220 watts be too much for them to handle? Obviously, a full 220 would blow them but i could turn the gain down right? Lastly, kind of an odd question considering what we're talking about, but is sound deadening your car (front door, rear deck, trunk) really worth it? Is the sound THAT much better? Was thinking HushMatt. Thanks in advance.
mat does help stfu from gt car audio is best by far, 250 mil thick..

If you like proper imaging he will want the backs.

Most of you dont run back speakers because you dont understand how imaging works.
if they had been in rear doors i woulda kept them but my sub was just beating them to death in rear deck anyway.. if rears woulda been flush with deck i woulda covered them (i tried with cheap mat) but i'd rather have holes in deckfor bass my 2 fronts sound just like it did with rears in..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.