subwoofer dust cap getting warm. and glue smell

///nick
10+ year member

hello, well i just got my 15inch adire brahma mk2 reconed after i blew a lead wire on it. its a psi recone with some extras... dual sewn on leads, push terminals, stiffer spider, flat wound copper coil (dual 1 ohm). i have it in a ported box built to spec. about 3.34 cubic ft tuned to 34hrz.

i have the sub wired up to 2ohms and im using a new rockford fosgate 1500.1bdcp to power it. gain set at 5, freq set to 80hrz. bass boost off, infrasonic filter was off.

on my pioneer head unit i tun the loud setting to high volume up at 40 ish and after a while the dustcap gets warm, smells like burning glue coming from the port. am i clipping?? i have big 3 upgrade, stock batt and alt although i just ordered a xs power d5100r for the engine bay of my civic..

need a pro's advice or help

Clipping. There is a tutorial in the knowledge section. Bass Boost needs to be off on the amp and on the headunit. Loud needs to be turned off. Then the gain needs to be set with a DMM.

i turn high on when i want to go full tilt. otherwise its not loud at all.
If its not loud with gains set properly then you dont have enough power. Get a more powerful amp or keep running it like you are and enjoy your next recone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If its not loud with gains set properly then you dont have enough power. Get a more powerful amp or keep running it like you are and enjoy your next recone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well... i dont want to be super loud all the time.. this is my daily driver.

You dont need that bass knob, im pretty sure its a bass boost knob. Turn loud off and set the gain. Also since you have a ported box turn the subsonic on. If your playing to far below tunning it will heat the sub up and not let the coiling do its job

thanks for the help and advice guys! i heard my friend talking about a bass knob through the rca cables... i might look at that. i guess its not suppose to be a boost or anything

1st off 1200rms only for a 3" coil is wayyyyyy off. my 4 layers handle more than that in a motor with poor cooling and my 8 layers handle wayyyy more than that.

ur probley clipping the amp or voltage dropping low, test with dmm...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.