Subwoofer break in period 🔊

Deboelduro

hello everyone. I am new to car audio so I have a quick question. I just one kicker cvx 15 to pair with my alpine mrx m110 amp. I just got an email from kicker saying that they recommended 30 hrs of low bass or low gain play for break in. Is this true? Who breaks in a subwoofer? I thought this was a myth? What do u experience guys think ��?

316m7he.jpg

So... the community didn't serve your needs in the other thread you started?

Why are you so doubtful of the manufacturer's answer to your question? Your doubtfulness is simply ignorance, so why make anyone pay for it by wasting their time to explain anything to you when you haven't done any work on the subject, yourself?

Go use your garbage and answer some of your own questions.

Wtf...another thread? Don't believe us what we say then why come to this forum? Because we have the exp and know-how...

Brb, gonna go pull my hair out

I hope u clip your subs to death just because you don't know how to read and clutter crap up.... Yes I crap forgot how to swear on this website ffs:crap:

Why are you so doubtful of the manufacturer's answer to your question? Your doubtfulness is simply ignorance, so why make anyone pay for it by wasting their time to explain anything to you when you haven't done any work on the subject, yourself?

Go use your garbage and answer some of your own questions.
**** he rubbed you wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

I hope u clip your subs to death just because you don't know how to read and clutter crap up.... Yes I crap forgot how to swear on this website ffs:crap:
Your mom swears. Everytime she sits on the D.

I would say, in OPs defense here that he was scolded for starting his topic in the classifieds section and probably assumed there was mods here who would delete that.

That said, I have yet to see any reasonable explanation of what happens to a woofer that makes it handle more power as the suspension softens. I think this is just a way of manufacturers to get people to more slowly feel out the limits of the product, or in the case of a few in the past, a way to weasel out of warranty claims.

Either way, if you're that worried do whatever magic ritual you think will "break it in" or not. If you didn't like the answers given in the last 100 threads here about this topic you're probably not going to see any different opinions on the subject.

I would say, in OPs defense here that he was scolded for starting his topic in the classifieds section and probably assumed there was mods here who would delete that.
Your neutrality and good nature is admirable, good Sir. Or at the very least, your ability to play Devil's advocate on every occasion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I was listening to Queens Of The Stone Age while post. My only excuse.

No mercy on the newb bots!! RRRAAAAAWWWWRRRRRRR!

image.png

Your neutrality and good nature is admirable, good Sir. Or at the very least, your ability to play Devil's advocate on every occasion. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I've honestly seen a lot worse around here, and in a moderated forum correct procedure would be to start a new thread in the proper section and mods would remove the one that was posted in the wrong place.

You were certainly in rare form though. Weren't you working on a big power build? How's that coming along?

I've honestly seen a lot worse around here, and in a moderated forum correct procedure would be to start a new thread in the proper section and mods would remove the one that was posted in the wrong place.
You were certainly in rare form though. Weren't you working on a big power build? How's that coming along?
Yeah, my version of a power build I guess. This may or may not be the year for that, though. Home repairs/improvements have been eating up my spare time and money. Roof, bathrooms, basement... it never ends.
I will at least remove my LMS 10" and put a 15" back there to have some fun with that. For years I've been running anywhere from 500-1500w to small motors like the TC2+ and TC9. I favor highly musical setups that are respectably loud so that's perfect for me. It's time, though, that I played around with a real 2k-3k on some 3HP and 4hp drivers. Easiest route I could take for moment is to drop in my 15" TC3k to hold me over until I can do a total build. We'll see, maybe I can fit in some table saw time and rebuild the back end of the Torrent.

What I really need to do is get out to one of these shows and meet up with a couple of you louder guys and get a new reference for what loud is these days. I see the videos but that's not the same as experiencing it.

Yeah, my version of a power build I guess. This may or may not be the year for that, though. Home repairs/improvements have been eating up my spare time and money. Roof, bathrooms, basement... it never ends.
I will at least remove my LMS 10" and put a 15" back there to have some fun with that. For years I've been running anywhere from 500-1500w to small motors like the TC2+ and TC9. I favor highly musical setups that are respectably loud so that's perfect for me. It's time, though, that I played around with a real 2k-3k on some 3HP and 4hp drivers. Easiest route I could take for moment is to drop in my 15" TC3k to hold me over until I can do a total build. We'll see, maybe I can fit in some table saw time and rebuild the back end of the Torrent.

What I really need to do is get out to one of these shows and meet up with a couple of you louder guys and get a new reference for what loud is these days. I see the videos but that's not the same as experiencing it.
I'll be in about the same boat this year busy with work and projects around the house.

There's one car louder than me that can actually play music in the northeast here and I refuse to sit in it because I know I literally will loose sleep until I get that loud or louder and I just don't know when I'll have time. You definitely need to get out to some shows though. Always a great time and cool people.

Really looking forward to seeing a 3K build from you. You really need to shake the dust off of all those nice subs you've been hoarding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.