Subwoofer break in period 🔊

I'll be in about the same boat this year busy with work and projects around the house.
There's one car louder than me that can actually play music in the northeast here and I refuse to sit in it because I know I literally will loose sleep until I get that loud or louder and I just don't know when I'll have time. You definitely need to get out to some shows though. Always a great time and cool people.

Really looking forward to seeing a 3K build from you. You really need to shake the dust off of all those nice subs you've been hoarding.
If you discover a show that is in central MA, give me a shout if you don’t mind. I’m curious too what 2-3k watt systems sound like. Must be insane.

I'll be in about the same boat this year busy with work and projects around the house.
There's one car louder than me that can actually play music in the northeast here and I refuse to sit in it because I know I literally will loose sleep until I get that loud or louder and I just don't know when I'll have time. You definitely need to get out to some shows though. Always a great time and cool people.

Really looking forward to seeing a 3K build from you. You really need to shake the dust off of all those nice subs you've been hoarding.
You were recovering from an injury too, weren't you? Broken arm or something? That tends to put a damper on things.
You should sit in that car, it will only help your cause. Motivation comes from many places, lol. Always nice to see how you stack up against someone else, even if they're unaware that you're sizing things up.

I'm not one for build threads but I'll be sure to throw up some pics and vids when I finally have something to show you guys. I've been running that Orion XTR 2500.1D with really good results. Right now it's just all thrown in the back and no one wants to see that. NSTLAN set the bar pretty high with his last build using those MASS 12s, I was diggin' it.

If you discover a show that is in central MA, give me a shout if you don’t mind. I’m curious too what 2-3k watt systems sound like. Must be insane.
Keep an eye out at the nadbl.com site. That's who organizes all the northeast events anymore. You're not far from Cape Cod and those shows are always good, the big bikini car wash in Sanford Maine is the biggest event of the year in these parts. Not sure how much happens out your way anymore... really depends on who is going to be running the shows anymore. AFAIK the two guys really active are Cape Cod and mid New Hampshire.... and the guys out in upstate NY, but that crew mostly stays out that way and the coastal guys stay over here.

We did have a guy break 150 last year in the 2000W limited class and I used to be high 148s when I ran that class. Nothing amazing out of the trunk but Terry Brock shows up at a couple NADBL events so you'd have him to deal with if you're trunk.... at least if you're trying to be on the leaderboard.

You were recovering from an injury too, weren't you? Broken arm or something? That tends to put a damper on things.
You should sit in that car, it will only help your cause. Motivation comes from many places, lol. Always nice to see how you stack up against someone else, even if they're unaware that you're sizing things up.

I'm not one for build threads but I'll be sure to throw up some pics and vids when I finally have something to show you guys. I've been running that Orion XTR 2500.1D with really good results. Right now it's just all thrown in the back and no one wants to see that. NSTLAN set the bar pretty high with his last build using those MASS 12s, I was diggin' it.
Yes, very bad injury last spring. Still not back to full strength and my little finger doesn't have full range of motion quite yet. But I'm good enough for an install and another forum member lives very close to me if I need a hand with any heavy lifting

When I actually set aside a money and get enough ahead on work that I can screw off for a week doing a big rebuild that's when I'll start sitting in louder cars. It will drive me absolutely batty if I get the bug to get louder and can't get right on it. I'm well aware it could potentially be a big can of worms. Looking to rebuild my baffle so I can get more port area, add a second amp (which I still haven't even got out for repair), and lay down some carbon fiber which I've had sitting in my garage for a couple years now waiting for time.

I picked up a second car this winter too. Up-side is I will be able to leave the Jeep torn apart for as long as needed to get things done, down side is I still need to build a small box for that and rebuild one of my subs up to 10 or 12". It's sort of a company car so I'm very limited with what I can do to it. I put in a little PG 5 channel so like 400W on the bottom end. I haven't even really looked at the trunk yet but I figure if I can get 140 out of it I'm doing good.

Also, NSTALN's build looked really nice and he lives in this area. I really hope I can meet him at a show up here some day.

I will keep an eye out on that thanks. Mostly want to hear good sound qaulity setups but it would be interesting to see what those SPL events are like at least once.

Thanks

BTW to the original poster I’ve noticed on my subwoofers that they do break in but I’ve noticed that it happens quick too, like a few days or less of playing 1-2 hours a day. I never babied them but just used it normally, sometimes hard with no issues. Seems like the spiders and surround stretch a little bit and then take a set just like a timing belt does in a car engine.

hello everyone. I am new to car audio so I have a quick question. I just one kicker cvx 15 to pair with my alpine mrx m110 amp. I just got an email from kicker saying that they recommended 30 hrs of low bass or low gain play for break in. Is this true? Who breaks in a subwoofer? I thought this was a myth? What do u experience guys think ��?
316m7he.jpg
I found this article about subwoofer break in from SoundUbed about how they recommend braking in their subwoofers. You may find this helpful. https://soundqubed.com/2016/09/01/break-in-what-why-and-how/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.