subwoofer box design for platform 1 PSI 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

maddew

hey guys i want to get a platform 1 psi 18 but im not sure how to build the box...the dimensions of my trunk are:

Width: 35in

Depth: 30in

Height: 15in

that comes out to around 9ft3

could someone design me a box tuned to 28hz please?

Re = 3.0 ohms

Fs = 26.3 Hz

Qes = 0.85

Qms = 9.6

Qts = 0.782

Sd = 1230cm^2

Vas = 290.1 L

BL = 15.25

Mms = 277.1 g

Sensitivity = 89.8 dB @1W/1m

Sensitivity = 90.4 dB @2.83Vrms/1m

Xmax = 56mm total

Usable excursion = 3.5″ total

recommended enclosure size for ported is 5.5-10ft3

i listen to hip-hop music

the subs rms is 1000 watts, dual 2 ohm

im running a hifonics brutus brx1100.1D

ported box either slot or round doesnt matter

let me know if im missing something

please and thank you :)

im not sure you have enough room for that but Ill say that it wll get low down into the 20s no sweat.. are those measurements external or internal? if they are external you have a hair under 7.5 cubes.. thats on the small side for this driver..

im not sure you have enough room for that but Ill say that it wll get low down into the 20s no sweat.. are those measurements external or internal? if they are external you have a hair under 7.5 cubes.. thats on the small side for this driver..
im fine with low 20's and external

you honestly don't have enough room for the woofer to really perform as intended. what car do you have? is there anyway you can trade for a 15? i don't see it doing well in 6 cubes..

you honestly don't have enough room for the woofer to really perform as intended. what car do you have? is there anyway you can trade for a 15? i don't see it doing well in 6 cubes..
yea i could i trade for a 15, the 18 was just an idea, i knew it was going to be iffy but i can do a 15 and i have a 2015 chrysler 200

make sure you have enough room for hte woofer to pressurize the cabin. in my car it killing output because i have about as much area for pressure to transfer from the trunk to the cabin so once i reach a certain output level compression occurs and limits output..

if you want something that is a killer lowend driver that isn't super power hungy Id look at the sundown X series.. 4.25 cubes tuned to 32 will kick ***.. 4.25 tuned to 32 with 80in^2 of port area..

make sure you have enough room for hte woofer to pressurize the cabin. in my car it killing output because i have about as much area for pressure to transfer from the trunk to the cabin so once i reach a certain output level compression occurs and limits output..
what if i seal off the cabin with the box? will i still have that problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

maddew

maddew
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Papermaker85