Subwoofer and Amplifier Help!

I would suggest buying a matching MTX 10 to the one you have, or going with 2 SVC 4 ohms wired to 4ohms on that amp. Just because Kicker says they will work in .8 cubes does not mean they will sound very good with any decent power, I have never heard one sound good sealed at all. you start throwing power to them in that small a space sealed, and you might burn a coil from too much compression, even worse if you clip them trying to get more volume.....or too big a box with too much power will make them exceed xmax and bottom themselves.
I am not returning these subwoofers. I really don't think I have to buy a new box, because they sounded great @ 400RMS with my old amp. It's just this new amp that has changed so much.

I would pull the 10 on the passenger side and block the hole if it were possible and then install a 4" precision port into the end of the box on the passenger side firing into the passenger side wall. Wire the other 10 to 4 ohms @ 450 watts and have a good day...IMO

I would suggest buying a matching MTX 10 to the one you have, or going with 2 DVC 4 ohms wired to 4ohms on that amp. Just because Kicker says they will work in .8 cubes does not mean they will sound very good with any decent power, I have never heard one sound good sealed at all. you start throwing power to them in that small a space sealed, and you might burn a coil from too much compression, even worse if you clip them trying to get more volume.....or too big a box with too much power will make them exceed xmax and bottom themselves.
So I went back outside and messed with the settings after talking to someone from Kicker, and I'm impressed. I had the voltage level turn to ~2.5 to match my radio, but when I turned it down to the minimum (0.2v), it sounded amazing. It was shaking my rear view just like I wanted it to. I just don't know how safe that is.

Yeah I turned it all the way to 0.2v which Hifonics said was extremely bad so I turned it back up to 2.5v.
I figured Kicker was just trying to sell you some more subs. Seriously though, Look into the DC XL 10, or the SSA SD 10, and compare sub depths to the ones you have. A ported box can be built to use a single 10 mounted a little lower than yours, and done correctly, would provide much more output gains than just trying to add power to two sealed in that airspace. One 10 done right and powered with 1000 - 1500 watts will blow you away.

I figured Kicker was just trying to sell you some more subs. Seriously though, Look into the DC XL 10, or the SSA SD 10, and compare sub depths to the ones you have. A ported box can be built to use a single 10 mounted a little lower than yours, and done correctly, would provide much more output gains than just trying to add power to two sealed in that airspace. One 10 done right and powered with 1000 - 1500 watts will blow you away.
If only I had the money or time to do that kind of install. I just wanted some good bass and have it hidden. You can't see anything now and it's perfect.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.