Subwoofer Advice

thanks for heads up, coolhand, Grimm give me a call 8 1 2 eight oh one , double 9's, double 3's . i am in madison, in and i can drive and meet you if you are in tennessee.
Right on! Thx cool hand! Brother I will call tomorrow, I'm about to hit the sack. I get my Jeep out of the shop next Tuesday and can meet you after that, don't trust my other truck for big road trips lol.

I was looking at the specs for those Icon 12's and they seem to like 2' vented around 31hz. Idk if I have that much space. Do they move a lot of air?

Well guys I can't do the 12's, I just don't have room, really wanted them Icons too. So it has to be 10's, looking at 2.5 cu ported, maybe a little more. My tool crib and jack won't fit if I go any bigger, and I don't want to go higher than the rear seat with the box too.

Last edited:
Yeah they're stereo integrity

Sealed enclosure: 0.65 to 1.0 ft^3
Vented enclosure: 1.5 ft^3 tuned to 24 Hz. >20 in^2 of port surface area per driver

I'm running a set of the 15's on 3k...they sound great and get stupid loud 😂
Looks like a really nice sub, built the way I want they are $370 a piece with the CF dust cap. I wish you could get a different color graphic like red on the dust cap, sub looks a little bland imo.

2.5 cubes will only give you max 2 cubes of usable space ported. The port itself could take up a full cube, especially if it’s tuned low. The audio ace subs look decent, but I don’t see a 10 inch sub from them. A single 12 inch ported sub would would work in that space. Savard Hi-Q subs are super nice. I had a single 12 on 2k and it was really impressive. Resilient sounds is also making some really nice subs. Their 2k watt sub wants 2.5 cubes, but it would work in a little smaller enclosure as long as the port is tuned right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...