Subsonic setting confused

Participant count
  • Participant list
It depends on what your box is like and what woofers you have. Setting it can be difficult, like trying to find the exact spot you want it to be at. I would try it at 30 hz or so and back it down some from there until you are happy or scared for your sub one.

It depends on what your box is like and what woofers you have. Setting it can be difficult, like trying to find the exact spot you want it to be at. I would try it at 30 hz or so and back it down some from there until you are happy or scared for your sub one.
You guys built my box so do you still think to start with 30? What can happen if its set too low?

You guys built my box so do you still think to start with 30? What can happen if its set too low?
Ah yea. With a sealed box, it's going to be harder to reach mechanical limits, which is a big part of the SSF- it keeps your woofer from playing too low and bottoming out (mostly in ported). In that sealed box, you should be able to put it pretty low. It's kind of hard to tell you where to put it though, I would just experiment.

depending on the woofer, enclosure size, and power you may not need the subsonic filter. my 12" TC9 based sub can run in 1.39 cubes sealed with the subsonic off on ~1K. generally you set the subsonic at the subs Fs value. my sub has a Fs of ~24hz. lol

Matt

Yeah if it's a sealed box unless your really overpowering the woofer and listen to alot of C&S music I'd leave it off. Especially if it only goes down to 30hz as that's just going to leave you -3db at 30hz for no real reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.