Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
For the ones using a dsp

for example if your box is tuned to 32hz

what cutoff frequency do you set to not let your subs play below
also what crossover slope do you use to be safe

I have watched some information online, but they are using the subsonic filter on the amplifier

I would rather just use the DSP if possible

So far what basic setting to use would be 5-6 hz below box tuning

if this is close what slope cutoff is everyone using

3 hz under tuning for a 12db/ Butterworth.
10hz under for a 4th 24db/octave... Power dependent. A ported box starts to lose cone control starting 4-6hz under tuning usually. Attenuate those lows according to your ssf type.

Depends on the woofer, where the woofer is in the vehicle, box size, amplifier dampening factor. Really, you just need to learn what your woofer is doing and set it around your actual situation.

My 29 hz box for my 2 18's wouldn't bottom out. I tried to make them bottom out, and I couldn't do it. I could play full tilt 14 hz tuned at 29 hz. Has to do with the subs higher Fs, and the sub wasn't strong enough to bottom itself out at that low of frequency. So you need to just know what your sub is doing.

The 5 hz or so below tuning frequency isn't a bad place to start, if you're tuned in the 30's somewhere.

Amps with a higher dampening factor will make woofers less likely to bottom out than cheaper amps, with every part of the system the same besides the amp. There's a lot of factors to how a sub moves.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...