Subs out of sync

michaelproeber

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all, my 2 12” Kicker 10C124 are not moving together. They’re in a shared airspace sealed box. Both are working and they’re not dangerously out of phase afaik (but I’m new to car audio), you can just see one is moving a little different. They’re powered at 2 ohms by a Alpine MRP-M450 mono amp. One of the subs is measuring 4 ohms, and the other 5 ohms. Is that one faulty? Together it’s 3 ohms. I also verified the polarity with both.

Last edited:
Yea I would swap out the sub that reads 5ohm. Or at least check all the connections to see if you have added resistance in the wiring leading to the amp. A 1ohm difference between 2 speakers is quite large

Hi all, my 2 12” Kicker 10C124 are not moving together. They’re in a shared airspace sealed box. Both are working and they’re not dangerously out of phase afaik (but I’m new to car audio), you can just see one is moving a little different. They’re powered at 2 ohms by a Alpine MRP-M450 mono amp. One of the subs is measuring 4 ohms, and the other 5 ohms. Is that one faulty? Together it’s 3 ohms. I also verified the polarity with both.
Are you certain these subs are identical? Speakers with the same model name may be of different revisions and not identical specs. What kind of multimeter do you use? Are you measuring impedance in a quiet place out of the wind? Let's see some pictures of the box as it sits in your vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...