subs for prefab sealed

ebmx66
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys i havent been reading around on the forum for a while and am lookin for some new 12s

this is what i have in place of my jumpseat right now

s

photo15.jpg

i am getting a prefab box for under the seat of my pickup because i dont have enough room in the backseat right now so...

im lookin for 12s

depth: no more than 6.5"

magnet no larger than 6.25" diameter

airspace: .83cu ft per sub

i have 1100w for both

i was thinkin some ssd's

how are the elemental designs subs?

what else do i need to check out definetly need it to be louder than the two 10" TC-7's ive got

thanks

get rid of the prefab first off and get the cash from that save up for sub's . then decide what kind of box you want to build made for that sub not no P.O.S. prefab.

eh, prefab sealed is OK as long as the build quality is good, 3/4" MDF is used, seals are good, and airspace is correct for your application.

There's nut much you can do to make a sealed box "special"....

Maybe look into some eD 13Ov.2's

thats the thing i already made that box that i have and it would be much more of a pain in the ass to build a box for under the seats of my truck so i dont want to do it....and im not keeping the box i have because i need to put my seat back in i dont have enough room

the box is from subthump.com for an 07 chevy crew cab...its definetly way better than most prefabs i have seen and it has more depth and airspace than most it actually looks pretty nice for a prefab

eh, prefab sealed is OK as long as the build quality is good, 3/4" MDF is used, seals are good, and airspace is correct for your application.
There's nut much you can do to make a sealed box "special"....

Maybe look into some eD 13Ov.2's
Those 13Ov.2's are killer subs. The 13Av.2's are even moreso.

huh? The 13Kv.2 and 13Ov.2 are 12" drivers... the 13Av.2 is the only 13" driver...

The Ov.2 is just barely outside of your parameters for depth and magnet, but the Kv.2 fits within your parameters...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.