Subs & Components

Participant count
  • Participant list

MattLee

Texas
I'm just walking into the world of car audio, while home theater enthusiast, I wanted to turn my attention to the vehicle. I've heard here and there what some great brands are, but then again, thats what they were pushing to sell. If you could just take a min to give me your two cents and tell me what you would recommend as far as sub (brand, experience with them, own) and components ( " " ) it would be greatly appreciated. I'm reading y'alls messages, and I'm like ****!!! I want some of that. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

what i'm about to write can't be stressed enuff so here it goes:

as you should know thru home audio, brand name is a matter of preference. you will hear fosgate, kicker,alpine, eclipse, audiobahn,and the list goes on and on and on. the best thing to do is set a budget (like you are really going to stick to it:D ) and proceed to a local shop or two or three and start listening. then start asking questions. then you'll find out what you need to know. now onto my opinions,

recently i have owned two sets of subs. cerwin-vega vegas series 8d4's and today purchased fosgate punch hx2 8's. for spl, no contest, the hx2's. for sq, it's a little closer but the 8d4's win this. power handling? again the hx2's. the winner? the hx2's because i get the best of spl and sq for the room i want to lose in my truck.

good luck on your search!

This forum is full of uneducated people, most new people come here. Since you already know about home systems, you could use the more sophisticated forums. Here are a few that I think are the best, you should ask any question there, I am sure you will get better answers. (nothing against your reply there mrray13)

Phoenix Gold's Sound Off - lots of audiophiles and know it all's there. Pretty small community, and you get direct answers from PG tech's and developers.

http://www.carsound.com Excellent people there, a few new people.

http://www.elitecaraudio.com/ great place to talk and find out news.

There are a few others, but ask on them first.

no offence taken 01price, i am one of the uneducated who is learning as he goes( no sarcasm implied)and just gave a reply based on what i have learned. which is basicly what i wrote above. i hope that the person(sorry forgot your name) follows some of your links and gets a great system.

anyway, i'll shut up now

Just my opinion on this, It is really all about what sounds good to you, but for clarity and clean tight base JL . Their mids are amazing, the w3's, w6's are really tight and handle lots of power. I myself Like alpine subs for clean sound but their mids are to tinny sounding. Focal is also the way to go, but prepare to pay up to 1000 dollars for a sub and another grand for mids, but they are world class. But Focal will Decimate all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.