Subs - 350w in cabin vs. 600w in trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

reverse01134

So I am figuring out what sub enclosure I will be putting in my car.

Option 1) Installing 600w RMS 10" subs using typical dual sub enclosure in the trunk. I don't have ski pass-thru opening and I don't plan to drill a giant hole on my car to let bass into cabin.

Option 2) Using a customized sub box that replaces rear armrest. It only fits 8" single sub. I am thinking Alpine Type R because it gets highest power within my budget - 350w RMS. But the sub will be sitting in the middle of rear seats in the cabin.

Which would be your choice?

2 10s in the trunk will be much louder than 1 8 in the cabin. The trunk setup will have nearly 3 times as much cone area and twice as much power. It will be louder, even if you are losing some of the sound.

If I install a dual 10" setup in the trunk, it will be shallow depth subs facing up. I have limited space due to having rear strut bar. Can I still fully utilize the trunk as cone area with this setup?

do it like this and take out the rear deck speakers. that will let the bass vent into the cabin (rear speakers usually just screw up the sound quality anyway)

this is mine in a Accord sedan. shakes my whole car with ease

Sub_Trunk.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.