Sub Suggestion

Participant count
  • Participants list

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Number of Subs : 2

Size preferred : 15

Budget : anywhere from $500 - $700

Power to be used : either a D4S JP23 (2k-2.3k rms at 1 ohm) or a sundown sfb 3k depending on sub rms ratings

Space Available : 47L x 18D x 17H

Goals : loud and with a good mix of spl and sq

Listening habits : Rap, corridos, old school r&b

Preferred brands : doesnt matter as long as they bump

I know i have to upgrade alternator, batteries, etc, will get everything at the same time so i could install it all together

In my opinion, and opinions will always differ from person to person, I love the mix of volume and sound quality you get with FI subs. That's my 2 cents

FI has been saying up to 45 days due to covid before they get built last time I checked on anything at their website. Best to ask them via email or facebook as they usually get right back to you.

"Due to COVID-19 all orders can have upto 45 business days lead time"

Too Bad they don't make the 12" in a Dual 4ohm otherwise I would seriously think about them over the SSA Icons I have been looking at as the RMS is perfect on the XV3 Series.

Either way you can not go wrong with either the SSA Subwoofer, FI or DD or even DC.

Talk to @Buck about a box and the results he has gotten out of each of those subwoofers as he has done a few hundred box designs over the years.

FI has been saying up to 45 days due to covid before they get built last time I checked on anything at their website. Best to ask them via email or facebook as they usually get right back to you.

"Due to COVID-19 all orders can have upto 45 business days lead time"

Too Bad they don't make the 12" in a Dual 4ohm otherwise I would seriously think about them over the SSA Icons I have been looking at as the RMS is perfect on the XV3 Series.

Either way you can not go wrong with either the SSA Subwoofer, FI or DD or even DC.

Talk to @Buck about a box and the results he has gotten out of each of those subwoofers as he has done a few hundred box designs over the years.

yea these subs are the ones i was looking at, they just caught my eye with the price range, rms rating and the look overall, but if i buy it i dont wanna wait almost 2 months for it

He is only going to get maybe 3 cubes per sub in a ported enclosure with his available space. Probably less after sub , port and bracing displacement. These are all great subs, but I would think that most of these need 4 cubes for each sub. Can you raise the enclosure size a bit? Or are you stuck at the measurements you originally posted?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.