Recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CannedDog

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I'm fairly new to Car audio and at the moment I'm rocking just an old Jl 12 inch. But its just not doing enough for me at the moment. Does anyone have any recommendations for a sub with good SPL or a good mix of both?

I have been looking at FU audio subs but they seem a bit sketchy for the price, and that there are little to no reviews of them out there.

Budget for sub - $400
Amp - $ any
Rms range - 1,500 max

Last edited:
Tbh better off paying @Buck for it. He would design you a killer box for w/e you go with and will help with suggestions. Great guy to talk to and deal with.

Check out Apex Car Audio for a SFB 1500 as they have B-Stock ones for cheaper then brand new in box ones. They work in the same building or right next to it as Sundown plus they do in house refurbished Sundown Subwoofers as well. Good people to talk to as well and will answer any questions you have regarding any potential purchase you may have. We must have emailed back and forth probably 30 times in 3 months over my purchase of the Cab-22 and what other amplifiers that they have coming soon including a 4 channel doing 4x150 at 4 ohm.

Hello, I'm fairly new to Car audio and at the moment I'm rocking just an old Jl 12 inch. But its just not doing enough for me at the moment. Does anyone have any recommendations for a sub with good SPL or a good mix of both?

I have been looking at FU audio subs but they seem a bit sketchy for the price, and that there are little to no reviews of them out there.

Budget for sub - $400
Amp - $ any
Rms range - 1,500 max

I've looked at the FU subs, they seem alright. I think they may just be a smaller company starting out. They remind me of other companies 10 years ago that were where they are now. I forget who, but somebody is doing a 157 or so with FU subs.

I forget who, but somebody is doing a 157 or so with FU subs.

hi.jpg

FU audio makes good subwoofers. I would recommend the 300 and 750 line anytime. Their higher lines.. Meh I would go elsewhere honestly. They are on sale right now and unbeatable for the price. Taylor Fade and Brett Laugharn are big fans of them as well. Even going as far as calling the 750s the Sundown SA killers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.