Sub Suggestion

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Feb 13, 2020
San Diego
Number of Subs : 2

Size preferred : 15

Budget : anywhere from $500 - $700

Power to be used : either a D4S JP23 (2k-2.3k rms at 1 ohm) or a sundown sfb 3k depending on sub rms ratings

Space Available : 47L x 18D x 17H

Goals : loud and with a good mix of spl and sq

Listening habits : Rap, corridos, old school r&b

Preferred brands : doesnt matter as long as they bump

I know i have to upgrade alternator, batteries, etc, will get everything at the same time so i could install it all together

Dafaseles

CarAudio.com Recruit
Nov 12, 2020
In my opinion, and opinions will always differ from person to person, I love the mix of volume and sound quality you get with FI subs. That's my 2 cents

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Feb 13, 2020
San Diego
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They can. They're all hand built to order subs. If you want them right now, FI can't do that. But yeah, SSA is a good brand as well.
how long do they take to ship ? like if u had an estimate of the XV3 Series 15? cos im not in a rush to get them

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
FI has been saying up to 45 days due to covid before they get built last time I checked on anything at their website. Best to ask them via email or facebook as they usually get right back to you.

"Due to COVID-19 all orders can have upto 45 business days lead time"

Too Bad they don't make the 12" in a Dual 4ohm otherwise I would seriously think about them over the SSA Icons I have been looking at as the RMS is perfect on the XV3 Series.

Either way you can not go wrong with either the SSA Subwoofer, FI or DD or even DC.

Talk to @Buck about a box and the results he has gotten out of each of those subwoofers as he has done a few hundred box designs over the years.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
You have just over 7 sq feet for that size of enclosure. You will need an extremely efficient sub to do a ported enclosure for 2 15s.

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Feb 13, 2020
San Diego
FI has been saying up to 45 days due to covid before they get built last time I checked on anything at their website. Best to ask them via email or facebook as they usually get right back to you.

Too Bad they don't make the 12" in a Dual 4ohm otherwise I would seriously think about them over the SSA Icons I have been looking at as the RMS is perfect on the XV3 Series.

Either way you can not go wrong with either the SSA Subwoofer, FI or DD or even DC.

Talk to @Buck about a box and the results he has gotten out of each of those subwoofers as he has done a few hundred box designs over the years.

yea these subs are the ones i was looking at, they just caught my eye with the price range, rms rating and the look overall, but if i buy it i dont wanna wait almost 2 months for it

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
2 SSA ICON 15s on the SFB 3k
Agreed. For his budget and needs a pair of icons are hard to beat. Brahma and IDmax are 2 good options as well but outside of his budget.

If you wanted a single 18 instead of dual 15s the SSA ZCON 18 in a large ported box would also be good for a daily setup

Reactions: Marve_Lous

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
He is only going to get maybe 3 cubes per sub in a ported enclosure with his available space. Probably less after sub , port and bracing displacement. These are all great subs, but I would think that most of these need 4 cubes for each sub. Can you raise the enclosure size a bit? Or are you stuck at the measurements you originally posted?

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Feb 13, 2020
San Diego

what do u think about the crescendo
He is only going to get maybe 3 cubes per sub in a ported enclosure with his available space. Probably less after sub , port and bracing displacement. These are all great subs, but I would think that most of these need 4 cubes for each sub. Can you raise the enclosure size a bit? Or are you stuck at the measurements you originally posted?
i can raise the depth like 5 inches, i just didnt want the box to take up all the space in my suburban

Marve_Lous

CarAudio.com Well Known
Aug 4, 2019
Houston, TX
Like others stated, since you couldn’t build an ideal box for 2 15s would you consider 2 12s? They’ll take the same wattage and it’d still be PLENTY bass. And you have the room to build the optimum box.

Reactions: 619Thump

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
Agreed with the above post. If he's worried about space 2x12 or even a strong single 15 would be plenty for a daily setup (especially since he's mentioned getting an aftermarket alternator which will give him true power on the amp, very few people actually get true power on there amps).

If your getting true power + building a custom box then you'd be suprised at how little you actually need to get loud.

Reactions: 619Thump

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Even a possible Single 18" might be a possibility as we know some take less then others. Kinda agree though I would go with 2 12" if it was me. I have the room to do multiple 15" but I need room for groceries otherwise I would so 2 12" SSA Icons or DC Audio Level 3s when I upgrade from the 2 10" TNT-1044s I just got this year to get me through.

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
Feb 13, 2020
San Diego
Like others stated, since you couldn’t build an ideal box for 2 15s would you consider 2 12s? They’ll take the same wattage and it’d still be PLENTY bass. And you have the room to build the optimum box.
see thats what alot of people have been telling me, that i dont need 15’s and 12’s will get jus as loud and maybe even louder, so what kind of 12’s would be good? suggestions for the sfb 3k or jp23 (2300rms)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds