Sub suggested ported size 1.65 a little over a little under question?

Participant count
  • Participant list

View 1

Im picking up a PIONEER TS-W306C ( Just one single 12 ) which I will be putting in a ported box. Now it gives a min for ported of 1.25, max is 2.05, suggested is 1.65. Now with this being said I can pick up locally a pre-fabed box for dirt cheap, but the box's are either 1.5 or 1.75. Is this going to really make a big difference in quailty at all? Is one better than the other.

I already know Im gonna get hit with make your own box, but I dont have the time or tools for that right now. Im not looking for something to take to shows I just want a good sound thats all.

Thanks for any input.

if its a sealed box, you shouldnt have any problems.

Pre-fab ported boxes arent a good choice simply because the relationship between air space and the port can change drastically in different applications. Even if the box says 1.75 cu.ft tuned to 40hz... by putting the sub in you could change the tuning and have a terrible frequency response.

but IMO if you HAVE to go pre-fab ported, get the bigger one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.