sub staying on and making continuous bass note after i turn the car off

Participant count
  • Participant list

lilred

Hi. I searched forever and ever to fix this and decided to make a post asking for help.

I just installed a Alpine m500 amp in my 2011 VW Golf with the stock head unit. It works great but when I turn the ignition off, the sub just makes this very loud bass note that does not stop as far as I can tell. I can only stand to listen to it for about 20 seconds and I don't want to bother my neighbors. The light on the amp stays on during this. This doesn't happen when the gain is turned to a quarter of the way up and the bass EQ is at +4. The light turns off when these are lowered when i turn the car off.

The amp is wired with high level inputs using both rear speakers on the channel 1 and 2 spots on the amp with the 3 and 4 left open. There is no remote wire, the amp picks the signal up through the high level inputs. I did hook the remote wire up to a confirmed switched 12V and there was no difference. The ground is hooked to the seat bolt and its sanded nicely.

I just want to say it works fine with the gain and bass EQ turned up with the car running, this only happens when i turn the ignition off.

I had it wired using RCA jacks and a remote wire hook up in an 85 4Runner and it worked flawlessly. The system only about 6 months old.

Thanks in advance for any advice with this, I hope i included enough info

My guess is that the factory amp or the sub and speaker "talking" to each other keeping the amp on causing bass from the sub. Kind of like a singer putting the mic to close to the speaker and causing feedback. I would get an loc with a signal sense turn on use the rca ins on the amp and call it a day,.

Thank you i bought a cheap $10 loc and hooked up my remote wire and it did the trick. thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.