Sub squeal. No/low audio. Rpm based. Many amps tested. Different speakers tested.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Two6sicks

I know there are many threads regarding amp squeal but ive as of yet been unable to find something specific to my issue.

I have a Kenwood kdc bt318u aftermarket deck. Wired correctly. To a 4 channel alpine v power amp to a 10" Rockford sub.

I have brand new boss audio high gauge wire kit

grounded to a hole punched in the spare tire well sanded to bare metal with a steel bolt and nut also sanded to metal.

I have cleaned the battery terminals.

Pulled as many grounds in the engine compartment as possible and sanded or cleaned up connections. I have a brand new battery plugs wires and dizzy cap not that those probably matter.

Noise only happens when I plug in either rca wire to deck.

When rca is plugged In i get a squeal. Doesn't matter which rca channel.

I have tried multiple amps. Multiple subs and speakers. Nothing helps.

When key is on it squeals.

When car is started it squeals based on rpm. Higher rpm equals higher pitch squeal.

I've tried doing a homemade ground loop isolator. I've noticed that squeal weakens when I run a wire from ground on back of deck to a bare metal spot but I can still hear it.

I'm at a loss. Bad alternator? Am I missing a ground somewhere?

Thanks guys

Should I ground the deck to the chassis or amp ground to eliminate stock oem harness ground issues?

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

No kidding? I'll try different rca

Disconnected the ground wire that goes from the head unit from the stock harness and re grounded it to an established chasis ground point. Used sand paper to scuff the bolt and the chasis spot for a clean contact.

Also I dumped the Boss Audio rca wires as they were junk

purchased some high quality 15" RCA audio cables and the problem is fixed.

Bass = good

No squeel!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.