Sub help for chevy 2500 hd

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jayh9797
10+ year member

Tx
I need some sub help for chevy 2500 hd. Not much room under seat and I will post dimensions later. I am looking around $300 for a pair of 12". Little more or little less no big deal. Looking for SQL. I want crisp sound quality with hard thump when changing music but I don't need to be heard 6 blocks away. Here are the subs I am looking at (all shallow to so is allow subs)

Alpine sws 1243D

Sundown Audio SD2 D2 or D4?

Dayton Ref RSS315 HO - 4

Polk MM1240 4 ohms

Please help. Any good advice on amps to push these under $300 would be helpful. Don't have fronts picked out yet going piece by piece

Thanks I really appreciate it, I want a system that rocks and thumps

J

These were my absolute favorite subs that I ever ran when using a sealed underseat enclosure in my quad cab pickup. Very tight and responsive, amazing sound quality, and a very nice low end. performs perfect in sealed enclosures with 1cf more or less each......My 2nd choice would have to probably be the JL Audio W6's....but they are kinda overpriced imho

WoofersEtc.com - IDQ12V3.D4 - Image Dynamics 12" IDQ Version 3 Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer

The Sundowns are nice too also though....as are the Polks

Really dependent on how much air space each sub is going to see in your enclosure......

A Hifonics BRZ1700.1D wired for 1 ohm with those two Image Dynamics subs would be perfect.....good clean power and they are pretty cheap as well.....i recommend the new Hifonics BRZ and ZXI models to anyone looking for cheap but rated and clean amp power.....just my two cents as I have had lots of experience with Hifonics amps......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.