Sub for Profile 600MSX - louder than 1042W ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

vorgath
10+ year member

Current setup right now is Profile amp at 2 ohm (480 RMS but with gain not turned up mroe than half) into an Infinity 1042W (250 RMS, peak 1000)

I'd like to start planning/shopping for a bit bigger setup, something like two 10's or 12's. I'd prefer to keep my current amp, and simply buy another one, identical, and run each amp into it's own sub, at 2 ohm, so I need a 10 or 12 DVC.

Any Alpine subwoofers that would work with this ? Cheap ones ? Since I see so many on Ebay that are rather cheap. 50-75 bucks sometimes. Any other cheap but good SQ/SPL subwoofers you guys can recommend ? Kicker, Alpine, less "famous" brands that are good, but still cheap and which can be found real easily ?

I believe the amp's peak power is not as high as 1000W, so I'm really wondering whether it would be enough to push an Alpine R.

The setup would be going into a 3rdGen Camaro, the ones with the huge glass hatch, so it ends up in the entire cabin, however I need that extra volume when I take the t-tops off, and also a bit more punch and clarity at lower volumes. Sealed box or ported. may go with ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.