Sub for 500 watts rms?

I would take the Jl 12w3v3 all day for 500w category. Great subwoofer, JL always makes the best quality subs in my opinion
I saw one on ebay go for pretty cheap. Would you say go new or used?

look at this sub scroll down slowly (sorry got excited there not good for my heart lol) this is b2 IS 12 $180 it has cone like a sundown E and basket like a dc level 3 maybe 750rms only in d2 i think, he says peeps run 1k to them all the time, pretty though.. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/gpcaraudio-com/632230-pictures-b2-audio-is12-per-request-boomingrandpa.html
That thing is pretty... Would love to see videos

I would take the Jl 12w3v3 all day for 500w category. Great subwoofer, JL always makes the best quality subs in my opinion
May I ask how you come to this conclusion?

Do you have experience with equipment not sold at Best Buy?

Texas heat wave is coming up.. you really should check it out. You will leave with a new understanding of what's possible in mobile audio.

I saw one on ebay go for pretty cheap. Would you say go new or used?

That thing is pretty... Would love to see videos
The B2 isn't playing the same ball game as a W3. The W3 isn't terrible, they are not one of JLs better sounding subs.

Very low excursion. Not really a top pick

The B2 isn't playing the same ball game as a W3. The W3 isn't terrible, they are not one of JLs better sounding subs. Very low excursion. Not really a top pick
So, so far, people have mentioned (That apparently are in the same park) the IDQ 12, SSA Gcon, IA Lethal Inj., Pioneer 3003, B2 IS 12. These are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

May I ask how you come to this conclusion? Do you have experience with equipment not sold at Best Buy?

Texas heat wave is coming up.. you really should check it out. You will leave with a new understanding of what's possible in mobile audio.
i agree not very impressive. IDQ walks its..

So, so far, people have mentioned (That apparently are in the same park) the IDQ 12, SSA Gcon, IA Lethal Inj., Pioneer 3003, B2 IS 12. These are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.
The Q goes toe to toe with the W6v2. Some like it more, some less.

I'm not saying to get the Q, I do enjoy it. I will be swapping it one day to the DD 3012.

I hold my original recommendation of the Type S. It's often overlooked because of the Alpine name but it's a jewel in its class.

The Q goes toe to toe with the W6v2. Some like it more, some less. I'm not saying to get the Q, I do enjoy it. I will be swapping it one day to the DD 3012.

I hold my original recommendation of the Type S. It's often overlooked because of the Alpine name but it's a jewel in its class.
3_439_1.jpg

I owned 2 w3s before I bought my 2 w6s. So yes you could say I have experience with equipment that is not sold at Best Buy. In my opinion they sounded good, which is what I'm judging the most when I'm trying to rate a sub. In my opinion, JL seems to always provide great quality subs. My w6s are ridiculous, I would recommend them to anybody who has the money. I plan on entering Texas Heat Wave if I can finish my set up before then.

I owned 2 w3s before I bought my 2 w6s. So yes you could say I have experience with equipment that is not sold at Best Buy. In my opinion they sounded good, which is what I'm judging the most when I'm trying to rate a sub. In my opinion, JL seems to always provide great quality subs. My w6s are ridiculous, I would recommend them to anybody who has the money. I plan on entering Texas Heat Wave if I can finish my set up before then.
Your opinion is based on mainstream mass market experience.

You might want to scope the competition in your class before you waste money. And get some demos of the SPL and SQ cars.

The Q goes toe to toe with the W6v2. Some like it more, some less. I'm not saying to get the Q, I do enjoy it. I will be swapping it one day to the DD 3012.

So, you say alpine type s? Because I'll only be at 500 for now, unless I want more in the future. That d's 3012, I take it you'll be running it sealed too?

What sub is that?

Lol.... plan on losing to people who are running stuff as small as 8s.
I'm not running any competitions, I'm fine with that

So, you say alpine type s? Because I'll only be at 500 for now, unless I want more in the future. That d's 3012, I take it you'll be running it sealed too?

What sub is that?

I'm not running any competitions, I'm fine with that
I say S because it's a good cheap woofer. Underhung coil which will keep distortion low even when ran hard.

Yes I'll probably stay sealed for the only reason of it matches my install better. I'm not a bass head so output is not a concern.

As long as it's loud enough to meet the levels of a live concert I'm good, and it will easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.