Sub Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

talon65

SC
New here so Hello. I have been out of car sudio for many years and am wanting to add something small to my 99 Wangler. I am thinking about a 4th order bandpass using one of the following 6.5" subs,Tang Band W6-1139SI or JL Audio 6W3V3, that would be powered by half of a JBL MA6004 amp. I am limited in my space as I use the backseat daily and am going to build this box into part of a trunk area and do not want to take up the entire back area. I figured I would have 1.25 cu ft of internal volume in the box.

Questions would be:

1)-Will this be a big enough enclosure for one of those speaker?

2)-What sort of bass will it produce? (I'm not after booming, rather more punch)

3)-Would I be better off going with an 8" instead?

4)-Any better suggestions for same size enclosure?

I would rather have the sub completely enlosed since there will be other things put in the back next to it and don't want to damage it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

yes it will be enough for the JL ..but if this Wrangler is a soft top i fear the overall output will not be enough...i have used those lil 6W3's and love them

It is a soft top, if any for 8 months out of the year. I have re-thought my idea and have decided on an 8" sub in a sealed enclosure. Thanks for your input.

Paul

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.