Sub Choice? 7500w

Blove1991
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Been a long time since I've been active in the car audio world and I really really really hate to be that guy but I can't decide on subs.

I will be doing a 4th for 4 15" subs. Already have a Taramps 15k but I plan to add a second, that's where I become unsure on what subs to go with.

I do NOT plan to compete or anything of that nature. Just demos

Below is what I have considered but I am also open to options:

Platform 5 PSI: Know someone who ran a 3 Taramps 15k on 6 18" (1 per pair) and had zero issues. These were my initial choice but from looking online it seems that the customer service has went to **** and people aren't getting responses and the bad reviews are growing

FI Team v2: Love Fi, just not sure how they would like the 7500 each

Team SSA Evil: Same with Fi, not sure how they would like the extra power. Plus no warranty...

Sundown: Love Sundown, just not paying the price to get the Team series

I am not being practical with trying to add that much power?

Thanks ahead of time

from what i have seen people clamp around 10k wired to 1ohm and dont recommend wiring lower for daily (generally)

all those subs should be fine

i plan to run my sundown Zv3 at 2ohm on my 15k

Just gotta know what your doing... by you making threads and askin is this ok and what to do means your prly not ready... just my 2cents.. not hating.

No coil is going to last on 7500watts clamped daily.. most woofers doesn’t matter 3” or 4” coil are happy about 2500-3500watts clean daily. Heat is the root of all evil..

In All honestly my favorite woofers woofers to dates are NSV3. Ran a two on a crossfire 8k for long time no problems at .66ohm... handle the power fine

Not sure how much of a fan I am of DC.

from what i have seen people clamp around 10k wired to 1ohm and dont recommend wiring lower for daily (generally)all those subs should be fine

i plan to run my sundown Zv3 at 2ohm on my 15k
Really? Do you have some links? Haven you run it at 2 or just simply planning to?

Just gotta know what your doing... by you making threads and askin is this ok and what to do means your prly not ready... just my 2cents.. not hating.
No coil is going to last on 7500watts clamped daily.. most woofers doesn’t matter 3” or 4” coil are happy about 2500-3500watts clean daily. Heat is the root of all evil..

In All honestly my favorite woofers woofers to dates are NSV3. Ran a two on a crossfire 8k for long time no problems at .66ohm... handle the power fine
No hate at all, you are 100% right. Taking my time, doing loads of research to try and minimize the damage

This won't necessarily be a daily ground pounder or anything like that but it could see a large amount of playtime at a show or something. Just don't really want to smell stinky coils all the time either lol

anyone have experience overpowering subs by a fair amount and want to provide your experience or advice?
Know your system

Know your music

Keep it clean power

Use your nose and smell what’s going on.

Keep good voltage

Heat kills woofers, dirty singal causes heat. Keep things clean and follow those rules^

^x2When running much more than a woofer needs you need to know all the limits and pay attention
Know your systemKnow your music

Keep it clean power

Keep good voltage

Heat kills woofers, dirty singal causes heat. Keep things clean and follow those rules^
Oh you hit the key point "know your music"

Decaf is gone, DJSNT is gone, etc. I have tried making my own by looking at online videos but they don't sound that clean.

Who is the new kid on the block these days? or can link me a good tutorial?

Oh you hit the key point "know your music"
Decaf is gone, DJSNT is gone, etc. I have tried making my own by looking at online videos but they don't sound that clean.

Who is the new kid on the block these days? or can link me a good tutorial?
Why is decaf gone and djsnt? Dk rusticals is the new guy making music

anyone have experience overpowering subs by a fair amount and want to provide your experience or advice?
Know your systemKnow your music

Keep it clean power

Keep good voltage

Mostly this. I still don't know what "dirty" power is but apart from that this is right on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.