Sub and amp help/advice needed please

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys so I'm looking for some help I'm new to all this stuff and have basically no idea so if u could answer my questions in the simplest form possible that would be great.

now I have a Toyota 86 GT which is a Scion FR-S I think it's called for guys living in America or a Subaru BRZ I want to do a complete audio overhaul on the car as the current one isn't good enough.

I want to disconnect the rear speaker and buy a new set of speakers for the front and for the dash as this car has dash mounted speaker I want to run both these pairs on an amp so I have been suggested to get a 5 channel amp and I'm going with the Massive Audio Nx5 amp so I can plug the front and dash mounted speakers into that and still have 1 channel for a sub at 800watts at 1ohm what I'm having trouble is understanding how I get a sub to match that I only want one I don't want two from my understanding of having a look around the internet I will need a Dual voice coil sub to run it at 1 ohm is that correct ?

Will my current plan work of having the amp power the front and dash mounted speakers plus the Subwoofer?

Thank you @Jeffdachef what would you suggest as I don't really know what I'm looking for I don't want to spend over 200$ Aus on a pair will that get me anything decent the front speaker sizes are 8" and dash mounted ones are 4" if u don't know any specific what brands are renowned to be good I have been told Rockford dos gate and kenwood are great value for money.

[quote name='Tomo3101']Thank you @Jeffdachef what would you suggest as I don't really know what I'm looking for I don't want to spend over 200$ Aus on a pair will that get me anything decent the front speaker sizes are 8" and dash mounted ones are 4" if u don't know any specific what brands are renowned to be good I have been told Rockford dos gate and kenwood are great value for money.[/QUOTE]

Kenwood is pretty bottom of the barrel. Fosgate is mediocre, only their amps are decent but heavily overpriced.

This as midbass
PWX 8" Midrange Speaker - Crescendo Audio Factory Direct Online Store

this as dash speaker, would have warm and detailed sound
https://www.amazon.com/Morel-Maximo-4C-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B0035FZJGC

this is a cheaper alternative, not so warm, pretty bright.
Polk Audio DB402 DB+ Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

this is right in the middle sound wise
Image Dynamics ID4 50W RMS 4" ID Series Full Range Coaxial System

I'd suggest getting an active capable head unit as well so you can assign each speaker to do its own proper job. Along with time alignment to make sure the sound waves from each driver reaches your ear at the same time. A proper 13 band or higher EQ would be optimal as well as a high preout voltage and 24 bit dac. Dont expect anything good with a stock head unit unless you run a digital sound processor that can deconstruct and flatten out the stock head unit's built in EQ curve.

I'd suggest getting an active capable head unit as well so you can assign each speaker to do its own proper job. Along with time alignment to make sure the sound waves from each driver reaches your ear at the same time. A proper 13 band or higher EQ would be optimal as well as a high preout voltage and 24 bit dac. Dont expect anything good with a stock head unit unless you run a digital sound processor that can deconstruct and flatten out the stock head unit's built in EQ curve.

Thanks man will definitely go have a look at them this is the headunit I was looking at getting:

PIONEER AVH-X1750DVD 6.2" WVGA Double DIN Mirror Link Car Stereo Headunit Player

Thanks man will definitely go have a look at them this is the headunit I was looking at getting:

PIONEER AVH-X1750DVD 6.2" WVGA Double DIN Mirror Link Car Stereo Headunit Player

seems like that has network capabilities, all good to go.

Thanks mate @Jeffdachef for all your help was wondering if u could suggest a subwoofer for me as well that would work with my Amp would prefer it to already be in a box but if not I can buy one. Just thought I may as well ask u as I'm going to take your advice on the speakers thought I may as well with the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.