Sub & Port direction in a truck.

Participant count
  • Participant list

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
Basically what it says. Silverado 1500 ext cab. I took out the back seat and made a platform for the enclosure to sit on. Its a 10^3ft net box, for 2 18'' mach audio mj 18m's.

I want to go with subs up, and port up. (port all the way to the passenger side of the box) (id prefer middle but wouldn't work im sure)

any suggestions or would this just cancel out? should i go subs forward, port up?

i wouldn't point either up. i have an s10, and it didn't work as well up, as both forward. subs forward, port to a side seems good. downfiring worked well also. when i did subs up, i seemed to lose audible loudness using the same equipment.

word, so no port up either?

i have this lame sub that i tried up facing up and forward. i didn' tknow which would be best.

i thought if both sub and port were in the same direction, they could cancel?

i don't think i would downfire

my dims are - height = (want 16'', but can go 20'')

depth (front to back) = 28''-30'')

width = 60''

what would downfiring do?

its on a platform that sits basically level with the a ss part of the front seats. no back seat, all space

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.