Sub/Amp Help. please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

fobandmcr

Amp is getting power but no sound from sub. First time hook up.

So, I'm a diy-er. I installed a Kenwood KDC-BT318u stereo so I decided to install a sub. I have a Kicker tc10 sub and a Boss amp. I bought the Boss wiring kit. 8 gauge.

I have everything hooked up. My power down my drivers side and my rca and remote turn on down my passenger. My remote turn on is working, I had it hooked up wrong at first but I changed it to the blue/white wire as suggested on other sites.

I grounded it where my spare tire let down is so it's held down by a bolt with metal around it and below it. I scraped the paint off.

There is no saftey light on. My power light is on. I'm not sure what other info is needed, please help.

Make sure you configured the Kenwood for "SUB" out on the second RCAs. Also make sure you turned the Kenwood's SUBWOOFER_SET setting to "ON".

If still no sound, get an MP3 player with headphone jack, try plugging it into amp input with a stereo 3.5mm to RCA cable and see if you get sound.

OR - with a Boss amp there is also a good chance the amp is just bad. Do above first.

Thanks for the reply, I have searched through my Kenwood today multiple times and I can't find the setting for sub. I was thinking that it has to have one but i dont know where it is. So, that could be the problem. I was thinking it might not have a setting after I looked.

I have my RCA's plugged into the rear ports. I have front and rear options.

Update: I had to switch it on standby source to see the options. I turned my set on and the level up to 7 at 120 hz. Still no sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.