Sub amp gain ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

337ram
10+ year member

Ok me and a friend were disagreeing on gain settings, now I am really just getting into the scene and come here to try and absorb the tech info thats here but I dont fully understand everything yet. Ok here is the convo,

friend is setting up his 2 new mojo 15s, and he is gonna push them with a 2000rms amp, and he scene how I set my gain using the DMM method I found here, he said bcuz my amp rms is 1200rms and that my subs call for max rms of 1200rms that basically amp and subs are matched and the gain should be at 100%. I replyed no according to here it is basically to match your V out put of head unit/rca etc , he said you onlt do that if say your subs are 1200rms and the amp is say 2000rms, so who the heck is right? really just want to know so as not to pass along false info

I figured he was wrong but I didnt want to argue since I am still trying to learn all this myself, the diff is I research everything I dive into, he doesnt

Will do disturb, I am just geting into this like I said, once I have my 2010 dodge crew cab where I want it I will be hitting up local events

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.