Good old school SQ amps for front stage?

got-one-eight
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My front stage will have a 2ohm load and I am looking for an oldschool SQ amp that does about 75x2 @ 4ohm and around 150x2 at 2ohm. I have about $150 to work with and I am picky about cosmetics so I know this will be a fun task trying to find something in that price range. I am currently looking at a PG Titanium 600.2 and a PG ZX350 on ebay. I would really like a PPI A300 but haven't been able to locate one. Thx for any advice!

The PPI A300 is a good choice. The TI amps are known to have leaky caps, so I would look out for that on the board. I dont know the extent on there issues, compared to the M/MS/MPS series stuff, but I know its a problem. You can find some older zapco stuff for $150 as well. Probably not the studio or comp series, but I bet you can get into the older piano black reference line, or even the AG line for that kind of coin. Older Diamond audio stuff is good. D6/D7. Anything really Zed made you cant go wrong with. Old Hifonics series 7 or 8, old Earthquake amps, Autotek etc etc

There are tons of SQ amps that fit in that. Old school Sony, Pioneer, AudioArt, Soundstream, Xtant, Kicker ZX, Earthquake, US Amps, Coustic, etc.
As for leaky caps it will happen with any old amp, not just the Phoenix Gold amps.

FWIW: PPI A300.2 Old School Masterpiece Rare Find Superior SQ | eBay

PRECISION POWER BLACK A204 4 CHANNEL AMP ~ RARE AMP ~ OLD SCHOOL! | eBay
Thanks for the links! I am watching that A300.2 I really want it. I like the White Art series the best but the black one still looks great.

I have someone checking on an A300.2 for me and I have an option to get an Autotek SX275 for $115 that is a 9/10 condition.. How good is the Autotek? It looks amazing.

I picked up the Autotek SX275.. this should be plenty for the Kappa 6x9's that are 2ohm. The amp is near mint and I got it for $100. I am selling everything but the head unit in my signature since I am only keeping this truck another 6 or so months. Thx for all the advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.