Sub + Amp Combo for 4th Order

Participant count
  • Participant list

hcivic91
10+ year member

DC
I've done some research since my first posting and I've learned a lot. The plan is to install a single 12" in a 4th order bandpass vented through the rear deck of my Lexus GS. My current train of thought is to pick up an AQ1200d to power a single SunDown, DD or RE 12". But I am unsure how to pick which sub will offer the best value in a 4th order enclosure. In addition, I am in search of an efficient amp because I do not want to upgrade my electrical at the moment.

Help on any of these matters is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joseph

1200W amp is really pushing it with a stock electrical system. You may be able to get away with it, but you should be prepared to wear out alt and battery much more quickly than normal use.

Search the forum and figure out which subs have had good results in BP alignment. Some do and some don't. I heard 4 DC 12's (forget what level) at the Sanford, ME show last year that sounded excellent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.